GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT vs L450-500

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
So I have my mind set on one of these two turbos....both companies have great reputations, good customer relations, and seem to meet what I am looking for in a decent reliable upgrade with decent spool in the 400 WHP realm.....anyone have any input one way or the other?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Some pretty nice info here

What made you go with them over EQT? Good read btw above.....both seem like good options.... I think it's too early to compare reliability and synopsis numbers yet unfortunately

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Sugar, did you do a UM TCU tune as well?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
You really want to save $800 now and not go with a genuine BB turbo? After the failures that have been seen?
It makes no sense at all to be cheap when upgrading the most failure prone part on our cars. $800 is a set of tires.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
You really want to save $800 now and not go with a genuine BB turbo? After the failures that have been seen?
It makes no sense at all to be cheap when upgrading the most failure prone part on our cars. $800 is a set of tires.

Are you referring to a genuine piece of shit turbo from CTS? After all the problems people have had?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

I just don't see a lot of people posting raving threads about the boss kits.....also all I see is poor reviews on CTS customer service, which when ordering such an expensive item I want some peace of mind with - just my thoughts

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I just don't see a lot of people posting raving threads about the boss kits.....also all I see is poor reviews on CTS customer service, which when ordering such an expensive item I want some peace of mind with - just my thoughts

The Mabotech turbos might be a great alternative to the BOSS turbos

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

tytus1994

Ready to race!
At 5k just for turbo and tune I will pass. Gains aren't that much better to justify the price. I'm searching for a stage 3 for a R and most of the hybrid setups seem to be exactly what I am looking for. Boss kits suck and cts customer service is worse. Eqt, littco and dbv2 seem like quality options.
The Mabotech turbos might be a great alternative to the BOSS turbos

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
At 5k just for turbo and tune I will pass. Gains aren't that much better to justify the price. I'm searching for a stage 3 for a R and most of the hybrid setups seem to be exactly what I am looking for. Boss kits suck and cts customer service is worse. Eqt, littco and dbv2 seem like quality options.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agree, the Boss kits seemed to get off to a decent start and then people came out of nowhere with a host of problems and no resolutions.

DBV2 is a proven setup that has pushed several cars into the 10s, EQT and Littco both showing a lot of promise also.

Last edited:

pieguy

Ready to race!
Not that I condone the bad customer service from CTS, but are most of the problems with the BOSS 500/600 occurring on the V2? Seems like I've heard less of the hotside issues and sealing issues with the V2 and that majority of the problems were fixed.

The 5k cost of the mabotech I believe is a mistake. Frank hasn't upgraded the website. His turbos are more towards the $3k mark. Best to speak with him directly as he offers different sizes.