GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
You can assume whatever you want, but both cars are stage 2 and daily driven pretty hard. Just because you don’t know how suspension works doesn’t mean we don’t.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Hi All, I am not really looking for tires but just saw what looks like a good deal if anyone wants to try it. Not sure if these are too aggressive either. 9.5 inch wide rim. Tire rack have these in stock and on clearance... so.. good luck.. great deal.. whole set $280 free shipping....

FREE SHIPPING
BREMMER KRAFT
BR11
Size: 19x9.5 (+1 Diameter)
Finish: Black w/Milled Accent
Weight: 26.0 lbs.
Offset: 45mm
$229.02$68.02 70% OffSpecial/Closeout

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
You can assume whatever you want, but both cars are stage 2 and daily driven pretty hard. Just because you don’t know how suspension works doesn’t mean we don’t.
You have nice roads as that setup would guarantee bacon fenders here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
You’ve never driven in Orlando, which is obvious by that statement. They may not be as trashed as NY but far from “nice”.

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
Huhh...I assumed you’d be able to decipher that “code” since you obviously know what driving a car “hard” is (I used your own words).

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Got around to finishing up my MSS fully adjustable sports kit. Rears installed a week and a bit ago, still got about 10mm left on the adjusters. Fronts cranked to min height, installed yesterday. As you can see, my rear camber is sort of iffy haha, needs alignment. Hopefully the fronts settle enough such that I don't need to crank the rear up for rake:

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Got around to finishing up my MSS fully adjustable sports kit. Rears installed a week and a bit ago, still got about 10mm left on the adjusters. Fronts cranked to min height, installed yesterday. As you can see, my rear camber is sort of iffy haha, needs alignment. Hopefully the fronts settle enough such that I don't need to crank the rear up for rake:

The fog makes these pictures even cooler. Well done all around.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP

How does the MSS sport kit ride now? I was curious about this kit as I don't have DCC, would like a mild drop, some better squat/cornering control without destroying the ride.

YoYoCome

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking to do the following setup on my MK7.5 GTI:

- Bilstein PSS10
- Rotiform 19x8.5 et45 wheels
- 235/35/19 tires (probably Nitto NT555 G2)

I have the following questions:
- Will I have rubbing issues while lowered on PSS10 on the front?
- Which spacer size (5mm or 10mm) will allow the rear to be more flushed? I don't want the wheel to poke out.
- Will adding spacers on the rear cause rubbing issue?

Thanks in advance guys!

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
I am looking to do the following setup on my MK7.5 GTI:

- Bilstein PSS10
- Rotiform 19x8.5 et45 wheels
- 235/35/19 tires (probably Nitto NT555 G2)

I have the following questions:
- Will I have rubbing issues while lowered on PSS10 on the front?
- Which spacer size (5mm or 10mm) will allow the rear to be more flushed? I don't want the wheel to poke out.
- Will adding spacers on the rear cause rubbing issue?

Thanks in advance guys!

To my recollection Bilstein’s don’t typically go super low. Honestly, I think your setup will be just fine without spacers. You’ll probably rub with them (spacers) depending how low you are.

I had 19x8.5 et45 but the PO installed 215/35/19 tires on them so... little less meat and I didn’t rub

Pic for reference:

YoYoCome

Passed Driver's Ed
To my recollection Bilstein’s don’t typically go super low. Honestly, I think your setup will be just fine without spacers. You’ll probably rub with them (spacers) depending how low you are.

I had 19x8.5 et45 but the PO installed 215/35/19 tires on them so... little less meat and I didn’t rub

Pic for reference:

You are correct, you can't really "slam" the car with PSS10 and I am not looking to set the ride height that low too.

Thanks for your info! I did see your earlier posts when I was going through the thread, but I wanted to make sure on 235/35/19 tire size. I can't go with 215 since road conditions are horrible here for me. I even thought about going with 245/35/19, but I've searched before and seen others said it'll rub.

Your car looks awesome! Definitely looks like the "flushed" look I am going for.

I will go with the setup without spacers. And then adjust from there if I want to be more aggressive.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
You are correct, you can't really "slam" the car with PSS10 and I am not looking to set the ride height that low too.

Thanks for your info! I did see your earlier posts when I was going through the thread, but I wanted to make sure on 235/35/19 tire size. I can't go with 215 since road conditions are horrible here for me. I even thought about going with 245/35/19, but I've searched before and seen others said it'll rub.

Your car looks awesome! Definitely looks like the "flushed" look I am going for.

I will go with the setup without spacers. And then adjust from there if I want to be more aggressive.

I think that is a good idea. 235's should be just fine. That's what I was going to put on there when I needed to change the tires.