GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I find it all depends how good the track prep is.

I also had a hard time doing a burnout because the track was really sticky. Basically, the handbrake wasn’t holding the car back.

I have everything coded off (ESC fully off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I've already figured that out with some clients. You unplug the Ebrake sensor under the center console and you can do burnouts no problem.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I've already figured that out with some clients. You unplug the Ebrake sensor under the center console and you can do burnouts no problem.
Can if be unplugged for long term? Will it pop up a dash light or mess with daytime running lights?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Nice. My burnouts typically suck so this might be the solution.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I have ESC/ASR set to fully off and starting vibration reduction disabled. I can confirm from the week before I got my current set of tires that I can do VERY good burnouts (pegging the limiter in 2nd gear) by just holding the handbrake. The bing and warning on the dash comes on telling me to release the handbrake, but it didn't seem to matter. This was on a skidpad, not in the burnout box at the dragstrip for those of you who might have been concerned.

frankiedubbz

Passed Driver's Ed
2016 GTI DSG

JB4 Map 6 E30 blend

No Meth

Full Weight

CTS Catless DP, Turbosmart Dual Port BOV

Michelin PSS tires on Enkei PF01 17" wheels aired down to 25 psi in front

Car 5310 in left lane

Fastest time = 13.373
Fastest trap = 110.61mph

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

frankiedubbz

Passed Driver's Ed
Pretty fast for a full weight JB4 car. Nice job.
Thank you and the car in the right lane was my friends Stage 1 ECU and TCU United Motorsports Audi S3 so I guess I did good since I'm pretty much trapping the same speed as him

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
13.51 / 104.76 / 2.40 / 0ft / MK7 GTI / 2.0T / IS20 / DSG / 91 / FW / PSS / APR STG1 / ICIN235 / Sonoma

Only got one run. Busy night at Sonoma raceway. Got my time down by 2 tenths.

Would love to see more Stage 1 91 octane runs to compare to.

[/IMG]

TroyI

Ready to race!
Good job. I was 13.63 at 107mph with stage 1 with only a drop in filter on a 95 degree day and crappy Perelli tires.
Stage 2 now with Indy 500 tires and can't wait to head back and see how much faster I am...plus it will be cool outside.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
13.51 / 104.76 / 2.40 / 0ft / MK7 GTI / 2.0T / IS20 / DSG / 91 / FW / PSS / APR STG1 / ICIN235 / Sonoma

Only got one run. Busy night at Sonoma raceway. Got my time down by 2 tenths.

Would love to see more Stage 1 91 octane runs to compare to.

[/IMG]

I ran 13.529... in my APR Stage 1 GTI at Sonoma as well, on stock Hankooks. 91 octane, normal conditions. Remember there being a headwind. May go back next week before the season ends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TroyI

Ready to race!
I only took out the spare tire. My ETA wasn't better, just the trap speed. Not really sure how that happens. My 60' was similar. here are my actual numbers
60' - 2.36
1/8 - 8.97
1/4 - 13.63
trap - 107.07