GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Head Unit - PX5 MTCD unit

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Hi everyone,
After reading this forum I decided to buy the "Dasaita 10.2 "Android 8.0 with Octa core 4 gb + 32 gb" for €341,- on AliExpress.

I've only had the pleasure to play with it for roughly 2 hours but this is what I've noted down so far:

- For installation I recommend watching and using the "Alpine X901D-G7 for Golf 7 installation" video on YouTube. Gives a perfect view on how to work the cables.
- having connected my OBD11, it won't give a 'scan' option, so the app is useless... I'm going to contact OBD soon.
- In my box there was already an "Dual Amplified antenna adapter", so no need to order one.
- I orderd the "Factory GPS Converter (FAKRA to SMA)" also via AliExpress, you can ask the retailer to make the cable as long as you want. Default is 15cm, I ordered a 1meter cable. Sellers name: LiiUoDo Official Store.
- The sound quality is amazing, way way better then my original MIB 1

There are 5 things which don't really work yet and I've requested help from the seller and received their response.
1: the 'steering wheel buttons' only show reset/save. I can't seem the program them the same as the movie in the above video.
Their response: no you can't change it, it works on CANBUS and should work fine...
2: the MFD does not show my phone is connected or current music I'm playing. I hope it's possible to get this connected, or I will be disappointed...
3: I connected once with my OBD11. A few days later, and having it removed from my car, if will still show this in my screen as connected. Not sure how to get rit of this.
Their response: change the name on devices.
4: Upon first installation I connected the Dasaita to my OnePlus's Hotspot. Now it will not allow me to connect to a different WiFi station. Which is very annoying.
Their response: delete current wifi station you use...
5: didn't ask this but I wasn't able to get "EasyCon" (which is AndroidCar?!) going. I'm hoping I need to use the other USB connector. I'm using the double one now, maybe I need to use the single one?!

More to come!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Ummmm yes.. post #81

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Tldr:

Other than the driving mode options not being properly displayed, is everything else working? HVAC display? Vehicle status, tpms settings, etc?

jaxwithanx

Ummmm yes.. post #81

Lol the one I linked is not the Daisata unit you keep referring to. It's a Coika unit. Click the link in my original post again. It's got FAKRA connections in the back. Dasaita nor Belsee have these. Please stop just dismissing this unit as having been already talked about and just read through my first post again and actually click the damn link.

Last edited:

jaxwithanx

To anyone holding off, this unit I got from aliexpress.com has been rock solid out of the box. All I needed was the blue FAKRA extension cable but you don't need the adapter with this one. Same for the FAKRA radio antenna connections (no extension needed for this though).

Having Spotify and Waze "on the big screen" was worth the price alone. I bought my mic from Enfig and have it up in the dome but haven't ran the wire yet so I can't comment on voice audio just yet. Be advised that with the unit above, I did need to drill two additional holes in some thin metal on the radio bracket so I could lower the single din on the screen a bit more, as if it is too high it will hit the factory center brace. Took 10 minutes of labor once I accepted it wasn't going to work unless I got creative....snapped right in after that.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the update.. I was looking at the hardware specs before, so you are correct this unit is a bit different after looking on XDA.

So in your opinion is it better than all the previous android units reviewed out there?
So still need to get a mic to work with the system. Anything else needed?
How is accessing the factory information and settings?
Their warranty is only 3 months compared to a year with like Dasaita.

Also I haven't read with any of these does anyone have the Helix sub? and does it still work with any of these android head units?

mattyams

Thanks for all the information so far. I have scoured this thread and can not get a concrete yes or no if this (or any system) will work with the 2015 GTI with Fender audio. I absolutely hate the infotainment system in my car and it just has got to go.

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Thanks for all the information so far. I have scoured this thread and can not get a concrete yes or no if this (or any system) will work with the 2015 GTI with Fender audio. I absolutely hate the infotainment system in my car and it just has got to go.

If you do end up figuring this out please post the info. I'm in the same exact boat as you (2015 with Fender audio).

jaxwithanx

That's probably because no one knows. Most listings say they don't though and most of these units are pretty much the exact same. You have an optical amplifier I believe that makes stuff like this much more complex. (Not an expert)

mattyams

If you do end up figuring this out please post the info. I'm in the same exact boat as you (2015 with Fender audio).

I'm wondering if the Metra VWTO-01 will work with our cars. I used to work in car audio years ago but everything has changed so much since I was in that scene.

Wulfman

Fender

Thanks for the reply. Hope this unit works with the fender system or they have a solution for it. If not I'm gonna have to figure something out. Fingers crossed I guess lol

Interesting you mention the restyle unit.
I already contacted Alpine EU about their Canbus adapters because the restyle for Golf7 was designed to work with Vw Fender/Dynaudio/Canton upgraded stereo.

They confirmed that the APF-H100DY Canbus adapter should work on any aftermarket radio.

This is the adapter for optical output to amp to retain fender amp and change the radio. The restyle itself doesn't have optical outputs. They use this.

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/interfaces5030/apf-h100dy

Now who wants to test it for us?

mattyams

Interesting you mention the restyle unit.
I already contacted Alpine EU about their Canbus adapters because the restyle for Golf7 was designed to work with Vw Fender/Dynaudio/Canton upgraded stereo.

They confirmed that the APF-H100DY Canbus adapter should work on any aftermarket radio.

This is the adapter for optical output to amp to retain fender amp and change the radio. The restyle itself doesn't have optical outputs. They use this.

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/interfaces5030/apf-h100dy

Now who wants to test it for us?

I will gladly test it....if someone buys it for me. :p:p:p I live for working on car audio!

jaxwithanx

So my head unit has FAKRA connections on the back and my factory dual antenna wire could reach so I didn't bother with the dual amplified antenna adapter in the original post.

But my AM radio is definitely weaker than it used to be. I had figured I wouldn't need to worry about the booster wire since I was using the original harness and not converting to the single plug but looks like I was wrong. Anyone know of an appropriate way to do this?

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
After 6 months still havent bought a new Android head unit and keep coming back to it... Read about 3 different brands now and not sure which one to go with... Was originally planning on the Belsee back in September but Coisa seems nice also..

It's tough I keep doing the same.. I know I want to change it lol