GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Auto developer settings 720p video output

YYZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't seem to find the 6.5" screen resolution for my 2018 GTI S. Is there any benefit to enabling 720p or even 1080p output in the Android Auto developer settings? Any other recommended tweaks or AA guides out there that I should know about? I've already checked off "request video focus on start."

Crackness1

Ready to race!
My screen looks different than that. No "Android Auto" line for me to tap 10 times. I'll live.

Open Android Auto on you phone (not connected to anything).
Tap the hamburger menu at the top left of the screen.
Tap About

Now you're in the screen which you can use to tap on the Android Auto bar at the top.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Tapping didn't work. But it looks like I'm already a "developer" after doing the same procedure under a different settings menu. Now that I'm in there, I don't see much that interests me. Maybe someday. Thanks for your help.

No problem. I somewhat agree, there's a lot there but didn't seem useful except for the one mentioned above - request video focus on start. This makes AA automatically start up on the headunit when you plug in your phone instead of you having to tap the menu button, and then tap on android auto to start it up.