GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best VW Dealers in DFW area?

MoonieGT

Passed Driver's Ed
I might be getting a GTI or R as my next car. Curious if any dealers in the DFW area have a reputation for being good to work with or bad to work with? I'm not talking about mod-friendly, I don't want to mod the car. I just mean that they are pleasant and straight forward to deal with.

Also, now looks like a good time to buy. I'm seeing advertised discounts on GTI's and R's. I'm assuming November\December would be good times to buy as well? I did that drives back in May and enjoyed the GTI and the R, the R moreso. My heart says to get the R but every review and my head says save the Date for and get the GTI... I think I really want the super adjustable seat and Fender audio, which means Autobahn GTI or R... At that price point I think I would regret not paying a bit more for the R...

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
I had a pretty easy time with McKinney VW. They let me take a GTI home overnight to see if it works for me, and did most of the sale via text, came in to sign a bunch of digital documents and was done pretty quick and painless after finding the right car and price.
I take my car to Hendrick's VW in Frisco to service though as it's closer to my house and currently I still have the VW service coverage.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Oh also I've heard poor things about Clay Cooley VW in Richardson from someone who used to work there. But maybe they've changed? I test drove a car once there and nothing was wrong with the test drive or sales person I dealt with, there did seem to be more pressure to try and get me to buy a car sooner rather than later.

JS12

Ready to race!
Oh also I've heard poor things about Clay Cooley VW in Richardson from someone who used to work there. But maybe they've changed? I test drove a car once there and nothing was wrong with the test drive or sales person I dealt with, there did seem to be more pressure to try and get me to buy a car sooner rather than later.

I bought my previous GTI from Richardson and agree that they were a bit high pressure but nothing out of the ordinary. For my R, I purchased from Autobanh VW out in FW and had the easiest experience of any new car I’ve purchased.

I also use Frisco for service and talked to their sales dept but they weren’t willing to deal at all on a 18 R. A couple of things to note - most local dealers have nonsense dealer adds that you have to negotiate and few were willing to come down from MSRP on a DSG R (at least a couple months ago). Autobahn had no adds and came down significantly off sticker.

TTU14

2nd vote for Autobahn in Fort Worth. Jacob was really easy to work with, and no dealer adds.

Hiley in Arlington was super pushy. They were shocked that I needed to check with my wife before plopping down $30k on a new car. Plus they had like $1200 in garbage dealer adds that they wouldn't budge on.

MoonieGT

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya, several dealers had $1200-1700 in dealer adds. Ridiculous.

I'm thinking I might go for an R, but I'm not sure if I can stomach the $40k as I only drive about 6k miles a year... Cars are an expensive passion...

JS12

Ready to race!
If you have the means, I’d vote for the R. I went through the same debate when buying my MK6 and enjoyed my GTI but had second thoughts every time I saw a R on the road. I cross shopped several cars this round and am very happy with the R. The usable power in 1st and 2nd gears even when modded make it a blast to drive.