GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Glow plug flashing/ limp mode

amcneill

Just after doing a regen( according to obd) and doing 70 down to 20 for a bend the glow plug light started flashing and went into limp mode - No power.Switching off/on and appears OK.....?according to app torque(lite) there are no error codes.I know you guys recommend vagcom etc..to read fault codes and I've just got obdeleven from a friend to try reading any faults.Car had just gone through mot.Any helpful advice? Thanks.Golf gtd/dsg 2016,25k miles.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

amcneill

Obdeleven shows fault code p008700 fuel rail/system pressure too low - intermittent. Any help appreciated.

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Obdeleven shows fault code p008700 fuel rail/system pressure too low - intermittent. Any help appreciated.

I had that but I had it cleared and it hasn't come back since. Think it might have been a bit of bad fuel or something so I cleared it, filled up with Shell VPower and it was fine.

I've had lots of issues with exhaust sensors which I think were being caused by the aftermarket intake I had but everything has been fine since I put the stock airbox back in. I remember that fault specifically because when it went into limp I automatically presumed it was another sensor issue but it wasn't.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You could clear it and see if it comes back. Could be any number of things. Or just leave the code there and get it fixed for free at a dealer.

amcneill

You could clear it and see if it comes back. Could be any number of things. Or just leave the code there and get it fixed for free at a dealer.
Exactly what I'm thinking - warranty up soon so get dealer to see fault...

amcneill

Fuel pump control module.sorted.Arnold Clark wanted over 3 weeks to look at it and another of their dealerships wanted to leave it with them for a week and no guarantee they would look at it! They both said not to drive the car at all.... Thankfully one of their dealers(they have the area covered) in the south of the city dealt with the problem quickly.

Last edited: