GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Billet Aluminum Boost Tap - Boomba Racing

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Been running the tap for a few weeks now. All seems good. Took all of 10 mins to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

I installed this and now getting extremely high IAT readings through my JB4 even with meth spraying IAT’s don’t drop. Is this transferring heat into the sensor?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I don’t think it’s the tap that’s doing that. In my experience...the tap does heat soak...but only at idle for a few minutes. Once you get moving...the air coming in directly in front of it will cool it back down. When I pop my hood after getting home...the tap will be warm to the touch...no warmer than the sensor it’s attached to.

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
I don’t think it’s the tap that’s doing that. In my experience...the tap does heat soak...but only at idle for a few minutes. Once you get moving...the air coming in directly in front of it will cool it back down. When I pop my hood after getting home...the tap will be warm to the touch...no warmer than the sensor it’s attached to.

Thanks for the reply - read that these style taps can cause this issue. Will pop it off when I get home and do some logging to be sure!