GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who money shifted here? :S

B00STED1

Ready to race!
That hurt to watch. I guess this is where the term pay to play comes into effect.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I'll never understand why guys who can't drive stick buy sticks, when the same car comes auto.

That R was very poorly driven even excluding the money shift.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Still ran a 13.7. That S3 sounds like garbage.

kdub808

Ready to race!
I'll never understand why guys who can't drive stick buy sticks, when the same car comes auto.

As a guy who has driven stick for over 20 years I totally agree. That was some "shit-fting".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7

Yeah, fuck him for wanting a manual car. Only true professional drivers should be allowed to purchase cars with a man pedal.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Yeah, fuck him for wanting a manual car. Only true professional drivers should be allowed to purchase cars with a man pedal.

I never said anything like that.

My point was if you aren't very good with a manual, it doesn't make much sense to buy one.

If you want to learn that's great, but it's probably not wise to start with a new Golf R.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^

But you're speaking from the point of view that implies this guy was just an awful driver when it could simply be "he made a terrible mistake." Which happens because we're human.

Not every gearbox is the same and banging through them on the drag strip is not the same pressure as cruising around town.

If we want to say this guy probably should have practiced a lot more before hitting the track then I can agree with that. I have serious doubts that this was his first mis-shift.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

Then that leaves out 99.9% of the members here. Not me, of course, because I drove a 2-1/2-ton truck and an 11,000 pound fork truck full-time for about a year professionally, in the late 70's, for Uncle Sam. You weren't talking about driving a racecar professionally, right? Who here ever did that full-time? I don't consider wanabee's who's local bar gives them $10 to slap their decal on the back of their car professionals.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I never said anything like that.

My point was if you aren't very good with a manual, it doesn't make much sense to buy one.

If you want to learn that's great, but it's probably not wise to start with a new Golf R.

All of your shifts are perfect? You've never missed one? I know I've missed my fair share of shifts and I'm very familiar with manual transmissions. Dude made a mistake, happens to the best of us.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
The gear box is crap, that’s partly to blame.