GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member – Ontario NW GTA

IT L GO

just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I have been impatiently waiting since July for delivery of a 2017 Golf R stick shift with the POF Technology package in Limestone Grey Metallic with Pretoria wheels. It finally arrived, and I picked it up on Wednesday of this week!

The R was ordered in late July, and delivery was specified to be the end of August for a vehicle that was supposedly already scheduled for end of July production. That ETA proved to be a moving target, with several revised ETA, the last being given as November. The car was actually built in August. I traded in a C6 Corvette Z51 in on the R.

We also have some other VW product in the family. My daughter and her husband, who live in the GTA, both drive Golfs; a Mk7 GTI DSG with technology and a Mk6 TDI DSG Highline. My other daughter in Texas has a 2013 Jetta Sport with stick shift. As for me, I have a 2013 Touareg TDI Execline as well as a related VW product, a Porsche 997.1 TT Cab with 6 speed stick. For mechanical fun, I have an all original and stock 1969 Corvette 427 convertible, and a 1952 John Deere crawler tractor (aka bulldozer) that I am restoring. For a business vehicle, most people are surprised to see me driving one of our two fully wrapped Smart car cabriolets, which are advertising my wife’s business.

I have always driven performance cars, usually German, and I have a few decades of amateur racing experience under my belt. I hope to make some small mods to improve performance of the R. I really appreciate the value of this forum as a resource to accumulate firsthand knowledge of what works and what does not.

My first mod, the resonator delete kit, is already on order from the dealer. I ordered it when I picked up the car. Should have it tomorrow.
1969 Corvette Roadster, Green, 427, 4 speed
+ Kids Cars '16 Golf GTI, '13 Golf TDI, '13 Jetta

RAubry

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you hiring any new children? I am very effective and I already have a job! All I ask is to be part of that cool family! LOL! Congrats on the new car. Bramgate had a 2017 LSG R with 6MT and tech package, shipped at the same time as my Lapiz blue R. No one had purchased it yet as of Friday last week. I ordered mine on August 26th and took possession on Friday 7th of October. Shame you had to wait so long.

IT L GO

Sorry, I appreciate your kind offer, but two kids with spouses is enough for me.

It was a long wait for the R, but I got a really decent deal, plus the discount for being a TDI owner. Actually Bramgate is the closest dealer to me, but none of our VW product came from there. I had a negative warranty service experience with them when my Touareg was brand new that soured my relationship with them.

On another topic, I picked up the resonator delete kit today. Hope to install it next week.

IT L GO

RAubry

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, I appreciate your kind offer, but two kids with spouses is enough for me.

It was a long wait for the R, but I got a really decent deal, plus the discount for being a TDI owner. Actually Bramgate is the closest dealer to me, but none of our VW product came from there. I had a negative warranty service experience with them when my Touareg was brand new that soured my relationship with them.

On another topic, I picked up the resonator delete kit today. Hope to install it next week.

Well a guy has to try right?

I'll see how the guys are at bramgate in terms of warranty issues if any do come up.

So far they have treated me well... Let's hope this continues.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
How is the res delete? I assume you've had it for a while and could give a nice long term review.

Thanks man!

IT L GO

How is the res delete? I assume you've had it for a while and could give a nice long term review.

Thanks man!

I am up to around 8000 Km now. Still running with Dunlop snow tires. Car sounds good, just slightly louder and deeper than stock. The only slightly annoying resonance is around 3000 RPM under load. Otherwise, it is not objectionable. Car is running great with no issues at all.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
I am up to around 8000 Km now. Still running with Dunlop snow tires. Car sounds good, just slightly louder and deeper than stock. The only slightly annoying resonance is around 3000 RPM under load. Otherwise, it is not objectionable. Car is running great with no issues at all.
I'm still not sure I'll pull the plug. Although the clamp hardware makes it really simple to go back to stock if it gets annoying.
Thanks for the feedback bud.