GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VWR springs in setups in here

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
Installed the VWR "Golf 1.4/1.8 Multi-Link" springs a couple weekends back. They are designed for a Golf 4-door not a wagon but I saw one other guy with them installed who claimed they don't need the saggy-butt audi pad spacers. I'm on the fence about the saggy-butt status. It looks lower on the passenger side but the drivers side looks almost perfect. I already have the audi spring-pads in hand and will install them this upcoming weekend hopefully but the pics below are with the stock GSW spring pads.

XeyeL

Installed the VWR "Golf 1.4/1.8 Multi-Link" springs a couple weekends back. They are designed for a Golf 4-door not a wagon but I saw one other guy with them installed who claimed they don't need the saggy-butt audi pad spacers. I'm on the fence about the saggy-butt status. It looks lower on the passenger side but the drivers side looks almost perfect. I already have the audi spring-pads in hand and will install them this upcoming weekend hopefully but the pics below are with the stock GSW spring pads.

Looks good!!! I think you should use the Audi pads. I recently got a white wagon as well and have been researching a lot and I'm leaning more towards DG springs. I am planning on getting the pads as well. I just wasn't sure if I was going to need both upper and lower pads. Looking at your Sportwagen, I'm assuming I'll only need the upper pads. Do you have upper pads only or both upper/lower?

Qwibby

Ready to race!
Do you guys think an 18x9.5 et42 wheel with 235/40 tires will fit on these springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
Update: Audi pads installed, barely made a difference but here are three photos for reference:

Stock springs (before wheel swap but same size wheel/tire):

VWR's Without pads:

VWR's With pads:

Qwibby

Ready to race!
I should rephrase my question, with the vwr springs, what is the widest I can go with wheel and tire? I'm looking to go with function of stickier tires for handling and traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!

Matthewpt

Ready to race!
Had the springs installed last week. Love it.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 2,847

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
Just installed my VWR springs in my 2015 6 speed MT 3 door myself. I think it sits pretty perfect and the ride quality is great! I have only put a couple hundred miles on them but it defiantly feels flatter around corners and reduced body roll. I highly recommend the Audi tt rear coil pads, makes the car sit perfect and they were only $24 from ecstuning. Part # for them is in my signature.

For the Picture with 3 stack on top of one another the top one is stock height when I first got the car, middle is with the fronts installed only, and bottom is all 4 corners installed and how it sits now. I'm sure the springs will settle once I put some more miles on.

Edit: I also installed ECS tuning's Heavy duty strut mount and strut bearing for the fronts. It was very good quality and I would defiantly recommend them. I was over 26k on this car so I thought it would be good to swap them out and i'm glad I did.

Also for the people doing the install them selves I found it easier to take off the 3 16mm nuts holding the ball joint to the lower control arm so you can easily take the spindle off of the strut. Just be careful and HANG UP the spindle on the sub frame or control arm, sort of how you would hang up the caliper doing brakes. Once its loose it will drop and rip your brake lines on the way to the floor. Just take your time, make sure you double and triple check everything, be safe, and have a friend there to give you a hand. The torque spec on the ball joint nuts is 100nm and u can reuse them as they are not torque to yield.

Attachments

• 20161209_154741 (1).jpg
    20161209_154741 (1).jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 2,759
  • 20161209_153305 (1).jpg
    20161209_153305 (1).jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 2,584
  • 20161210_092703 (1).jpg
    20161210_092703 (1).jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 2,664
  • img_20161209_221334 (1).jpg
    img_20161209_221334 (1).jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 2,743
Last edited:

maTTQ

VWR Sport Springs, 034Motorsport Strut Mounts, H&R Spacers 15f/20r
Why here? Hey, I gotta buy stuff.

maTT

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Why did you also install new strut mounts? Just curious...

Also wondering if you added the splash guards before or after? I'm guessing they really reduce the amount of crap kicked up on the side and back of the car, especially with the tires being flush.

Matthewpt

Ready to race!
Took for a ride on back roads.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 2,562

maTTQ

Why did you also install new strut mounts? Just curious...

Also wondering if you added the splash guards before or after? I'm guessing they really reduce the amount of crap kicked up on the side and back of the car, especially with the tires being flush.

I've read stories of the stock mounts wearing out quickly with lowering springs. Figured I'll upgrade them now and put the near-new stock mounts back on when I trade/sell it in the future.

Splash guards were on the car already, dealer installed. Yes, I think they'll catch a lot though not quite all.

maTT