GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions

Old 07-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #18
dequardo

Drives: 18 MK7 GTI SE DSG; DIB LP,PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
Not at all. Being the same size, there is no figuring if they will work. It's only when the inside diameter changes (wheel size) or when the outside diameter or width of the tire changes significantly. You'll find the outside diameter and width of tires vary up to a 1/4" or so between manufacturers.

Any more than this usual variance between manufacturers, you need to evaluate whether your wheel is wide enough to support extra width and/or your fenders will clear the tire, especially when you hit a big dip in the road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plus_sizing
3y/o thread
2018 GTI SE| DIB DSG LP PP | Llumar Pro PPF hood, bumper, fender and mirrors | Invisible Shield headlights, rear bumper guard and door cups | CTX 35% tint on 7 windows | Red Hound Auto splash guards | Weather Tech digital fit mats | Weather Tech deflectors |3M door edge, wheels well and hatch lip guards | OEM door sill protection | Coverking Triguard cover | 034 Motorsports dog bone insert | Aully Park leather steering wheel cover |
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #19
MonkeyMD

Drives: 2016 VW Golf Tsi S Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebster View Post
Soo... If I wanted new tires, but not new rims (I really like the Austin's), I've been looking at getting the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's in the same size as the stock tires... Do I need to do anything special other than get them mounted to the stock rims??

Oh, and I'm also noob. If you can't tell.
Hilarious. From noob to big turbo heavily modified gti.
Definitely an old thread
MonkeyMD is offline   Reply With Quote