GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 04-21-2018, 10:32 PM   #1
Alfaguy

Drives: 2015 GTI autobahn DSG PP, an 88 Alfa Romeo spider
Tilt down mirror is my car able to do it?

I have a 2015 GTI Autobahn and I was wondering if the tilt down feature is in my car. I put the mirror on the “R” for the opposite side mirror from me, but when I put the car in reverse the mirror doesn’t move. Am I doing something wrong or the car can’t do it
Alfaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
VAG Parts Bin

Drives: 1997 projektzwo GTI (PVW Jan 01), 2017 Golf R
you need the folding mirrors for it to properly work and you need to make the coding change to enable it.

Last edited by VAG Parts Bin; 04-21-2018 at 10:50 PM.
VAG Parts Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:44 PM   #3
Alfaguy

Drives: 2015 GTI autobahn DSG PP, an 88 Alfa Romeo spider
Ok I don’t have the folding mirrors ��
Alfaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:55 PM   #4
Bäsemödel

Drives: 15 Golf TSi
So you don’t NEED folding mirrors for it to work... you can enable it using vagcom or OBD11... the issue is that if you don’t have door controllers thst support the memory function (the same controllers needed for folding mirrors to work on lock/unlock) the mirror will not always return to the right place after... for me, it returns to normal 75% of the time. I just manually adjust it the rest of the time. It’s a very useful mod and one that has saved me from many a curb...
Helix UUs//deAuto LEDs//Blacked Roof//Maxton Lip//GTI Skirts//Center Exit Exhaust//RS7 Plugs//IS20//aFe Dry Filter//JB4//OEM Hatch Spoiler//18” Peelers//Magnaflow Catback//CTS Dogbone//GTI PP RSB//Firehawk Indy 500s//Koni Special Active Shocks//VWR Springs//HELIX Sub//OBD11//OEM Add Ons - adding fogs/footwells is possible!
Bäsemödel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:36 AM   #5
murtaza911

Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8t Tsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bäsemödel View Post
So you don’t NEED folding mirrors for it to work... you can enable it using vagcom or OBD11... the issue is that if you don’t have door controllers thst support the memory function (the same controllers needed for folding mirrors to work on lock/unlock) the mirror will not always return to the right place after... for me, it returns to normal 75% of the time. I just manually adjust it the rest of the time. It’s a very useful mod and one that has saved me from many a curb...
I bought the door modules and have folding mirrors set up.. But mine still doesn't return back to the right spot every time.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
bbjwvr6

Drives: 2016 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtaza911 View Post
I bought the door modules and have folding mirrors set up.. But mine still doesn't return back to the right spot every time.
In NAR cars the standard mirrors do not support mirror memory, even though you may have the 5 series door controllers. You need folding mirrors, or ROW standard mirrors to enable the memory function of mirror dip.

AFAIK in ROW cars, all that is required is the 5 series controllers and the proper coding.

Edit: just realized you have the folding mirrors. There’s a long thread on vwvortex about this.
bbjwvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #7
ecsta

Drives: 2017 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtaza911 View Post
Did you turn "mirror_memory" to active/installed for the passenger door? Can you see the X/Y co-ordinates for the glass in the live data page?
ecsta is offline   Reply With Quote