GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Downpipe

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
IE is bigger. This is how mine is and hasn’t leaked at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
This is the problem with aftermarket parts...they're all made differently.

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!
Has anyone compared the IE to the APR? I have the APR and have never has a problem with it but emissions testing time is coming soon. Would this allow me to run stage 2 “Test pipe tune” instead of bypassing the front O2 sensor?

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!

GoatPowder

Ready to race!
Has anyone compared the IE to the APR? I have the APR and have never has a problem with it but emissions testing time is coming soon. Would this allow me to run stage 2 “Test pipe tune” instead of bypassing the front O2 sensor?

I'm not going to pretend I'm familiar with Maryland's emissions tests but any OBDII based test won't pass with a "test pipe tune". The rear o2 will be defeated and will display a "not ready" status... and don't put a spacer on the primary o2 sensor.

Assuming that was just typed out strange and you meant to ask if it'll not throw a "catalyst ineffieciency" fault when flashed to a stage 1 or stock tune: well I'm waiting too for anybody posting up a CEL.

MadMen

Ready to race!
You'll still need to play the spacer game to try and keep the CEL off long enough on a stock tune to pass readiness. I'm able to keep it off with double non-fouler and steel wool, but will get the light if I go WOT with it.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Installation done. Bitch getting the OE downpipe out past all the PP diff hardware, but puzzled that out with some skinned forearms. IE slid right in, fits perfect, clamp almost touches (this thing use any type of gasket?), and slid onto bracket without much fuss once i figured out the trick. Just hang on outboard bracket mount and "swing" onto inboard bracket mount. Flange will line up and clamp slides right on. Tried doing it by hanging on inner bracket mount, lining flange up and clamping loosely, then trying to mount on outboard bracket mount. No go. Everything else went fine.

Sounds pretty damn good connected to OE resonator/catback, at least for now. No drone whatsoever. No CEL with JB4, so no spacer needed. Doubt it will even with no tune due to near OE placement of high flow cat and O2 sensor. Got it on sale and had $500 Visa gift card I won to spend so was a good choice. Otherwise, I was eyeing Jake's set-up. All in all I'm happy and feel its a solid unit. Anyone considering it will be pleased.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Installation done. Bitch getting the OE downpipe out past all the PP diff hardware, but puzzled that out with some skinned forearms. IE slid right in, fits perfect, clamp almost touches (this thing use any type of gasket?), and slid onto bracket without much fuss once i figured out the trick. Just hang on outboard bracket mount and "swing" onto inboard bracket mount. Flange will line up and clamp slides right on. Tried doing it by hanging on inner bracket mount, lining flange up and clamping loosely, then trying to mount on outboard bracket mount. No go. Everything else went fine.

Sounds pretty damn good connected to OE resonator/catback, at least for now. No drone whatsoever. No CEL with JB4, so no spacer needed. Doubt it will even with no tune due to near OE placement of high flow cat and O2 sensor. Got it on sale and had $500 Visa gift card I won to spend so was a good choice. Otherwise, I was eyeing Jake's set-up. All in all I'm happy and feel its a solid unit. Anyone considering it will be pleased.

How many miles have you put on it? Usually won't get the CEL till the 2nd or 3rd heat cycle, or long drive.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie

Yes there is a gasket you should have replaced on the turbo.

Did you not loosen the passenger's side stud prior to fitting? This allows for needed adjustment.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
How many miles have you put on it? Usually won't get the CEL till the 2nd or 3rd heat cycle, or long drive.

Almost 200. 5 separate heat/cool cycles. Nothing yet. Nice stainless patina though.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Yes there is a gasket you should have replaced on the turbo.

Did you not loosen the passenger's side stud prior to fitting? This allows for needed adjustment.

No gasket when OE unit came off. Gasket supplied by dealer is wrong diameter even though was listed on parts diagram. No leaks :confused:.

Did loosen passenger side stud but tried fitting on inner stud first. Gotta do it the other way.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
No gasket when OE unit came off. Gasket supplied by dealer is wrong diameter even though was listed on parts diagram. No leaks :confused:.

The old one was probably still on the turbo, if it wasn't damaged and doesn't leak, no worries.

https://goo.gl/images/DqX4vd

You can see the gasket and where it goes in that picture.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk