GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > GTI Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #715
RoidRage

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post
There's a bunch throughout the thread. It does fine for basic IS38 setups. Haven't seen to many with "full send" setups yet. High Ethanol, meth etc.
Thanks, buddy! I think I'm going this
RoidRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #716
NJ_MK7

Drives: mk7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoidRage View Post
Thanks, buddy! I think I'm going this
same here... not playing with meth or ethanol, plain ol' 93.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #717
RoidRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_MK7 View Post
same here... not playing with meth or ethanol, plain ol' 93.
No eth available where I'm at and meth is a no go for me. So FCP here I come !! Do we need stock bolts to be replaced?

Seems like RSR has an option for GTI or R parts to be replaced to go along with the kit?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #718
elamothe15

Drives: 2015 VW GTI S Manual
Quote:
No eth available where I'm at and meth is a no go for me. So FCP here I come !! Do we need stock bolts to be replaced?

Seems like RSR has an option for GTI or R parts to be replaced to go along with the kit?

If you go back a page or two there is a list of bolts you need to replace. You can simply order the package from HS Tuning or order them separately from FCP or ECS Tuning. I ordered mine from ECS as it was cheaper than the package from HS and I needed the clutch alignment tool which FCP currently doesn’t stock.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #719
RoidRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamothe15 View Post
If you go back a page or two there is a list of bolts you need to replace. You can simply order the package from HS Tuning or order them separately from FCP or ECS Tuning. I ordered mine from ECS as it was cheaper than the package from HS and I needed the clutch alignment tool which FCP currently doesn’t stock.
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:51 PM   #720
roystr

Drives: Always VW
Quote:
Gotta love the Markup on the RSR then after seeing how much FCP is selling it at.

To be clear, the RSR and FCP kits are NOT the same. With the FCP kit, you get the SRE pressure plate. I believe the RSR kit is just the regular TTRS pressure plate.

The FCP and Emmanuele Design (edmauto) kits do use the same PP though.

I had the RSR in my previous car (MK6) and I have the FCP my current car (MK7). So far, the pedal pressure increase has been higher for the FCP kit. That said, I only have 750 miles on it and feels like it is starting to soften up.

RSR PP:

EDM/FCP PP:

Last edited by roystr; 07-12-2018 at 09:06 PM.
roystr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #721
RoidRage

Based on your experience with both options which do you like better thus far?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #722
roystr

It's a little too early to tell. What drew me to the RSR clutch in my MK6 was the holding power and everyone saying that the pedal pressure felt like OEM. Right after the install, that was certainly NOT the case. The increase in pedal pressure was huge. It did soften up over time though...took maybe 2500 miles. It was never as soft as the OEM clutch (which is arguably too soft) but it was close.

I'm at that break-in point now with the SRE. The pedal is really stiff. It's not as stiff as day 1, but I want to give it more time before passing judgement. The FCP kit is a killer deal for the price and the fact that they use a sprung organic disc means that the engagement is very smooth.

Roy
Old 07-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #723
elamothe15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roystr View Post
To be clear, the RSR and FCP kits are NOT the same. With the FCP kit, you get the SRE pressure plate. I believe the RSR kit is just the regular TTRS pressure plate.

The FCP and Emmanuele Design (edmauto) kits do use the same PP though.

I had the RSR in my previous car (MK6) and I have the FCP my current car (MK7). So far, the pedal pressure increase has been higher for the FCP kit. That said, I only have 750 miles on it and feels like it is starting to soften up.
The FCP kit is indeed a TTRS pressure plate, but yes it is not be exactly the same as the RSR kit.

It's tough to tell as I cannot see the P/N on the Emmanuele Design pressure plate, but I can confirm the P/N is the same as the Sachs kit for the TTRS. Looking at the pictures they could be the same (TTRS Sachs and Mk7 Sachs).

https://store.034motorsport.com/sach...ure-plate.html

Also....note that 034 recommends that specific clutch with their upgraded turbo kit which puts out 450 ft-lbs of torque....

https://store.034motorsport.com/rs50...-2-5-tfsi.html

Last edited by elamothe15; 07-13-2018 at 02:58 PM.
elamothe15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #724
Russellvw21

shout out to FCP For the kit and quick shipping. I had slipping issues as you can see lol. Had a pain in the ass time doing the clutch DIY. The performance pack has the vaq diff which gave us a massive hard time to get the trans out. Pedal feel is awesome. Way softer than previous set up and ZERO CHATTER which is just perfect. So far so good. Thanks agAib FCP for great pricing and customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russellvw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #725
roystr

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamothe15 View Post
The FCP kit is indeed a TTRS pressure plate, but yes it is not be exactly the same as the RSR kit.

It's tough to tell as I cannot see the P/N on the Emmanuele Design pressure plate, but I can confirm the P/N is the same as the Sachs kit for the TTRS. Looking at the pictures they could be the same (TTRS Sachs and Mk7 Sachs).

https://store.034motorsport.com/sach...ure-plate.html

Also....note that 034 recommends that specific clutch with their upgraded turbo kit which puts out 450 ft-lbs of torque....

https://store.034motorsport.com/rs50...-2-5-tfsi.html
You can see part numbers of the FCP kit here. I believe the FCP and EDM kits use the same PP. The RSR PP is different. It looks like (maybe?) the RSR kit is the factory TTRS PP and the FCP/EDM is the SRE TTRS PP?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43202

Roy
Old 07-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #726
FCPEuro
GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

Drives: MK7 GTI TCR
Russellvw21, thanks for the support! hope you enjoy the kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellvw21 View Post
shout out to FCP For the kit and quick shipping. I had slipping issues as you can see lol. Had a pain in the ass time doing the clutch DIY. The performance pack has the vaq diff which gave us a massive hard time to get the trans out. Pedal feel is awesome. Way softer than previous set up and ZERO CHATTER which is just perfect. So far so good. Thanks agAib FCP for great pricing and customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCPEuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #727
russiankid

Drives: Das Auto
What setup do you have that the SRE slipped?
russiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #728
elamothe15

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
What setup do you have that the SRE slipped?
I'm curious about this too. If you had an SRE and it slipped, I'd be hesitant to go with the TTRS kit as they most likely hold very very similar torque levels
Old 07-23-2018, 07:10 PM   #729
exentix

Drives: mk7 gti sport
so i'm halfway in on my fcp clutch kit install, and having one bear of a time. ended up calling it a night with the trans unbolted and hanging up on just about everything. I have a sport with the PP diff. I'm at the point where I have the diff unbolted but I can't get it out. I am 99% sure the axle cup needs to come off for the diff to slide out, but can't seem to figure out how to get the cup off. There's no bolts holding it in place, and there's not really enough room to see whats going on.
exentix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #730
Gibberoni

Drives: 2015 GTI SE (LP)
There is a good Youtube guide online by RadFox. Have you checked that out? He shows exactly how to get it off.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #731
exentix

Drives: mk7 gti sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberoni View Post
There is a good Youtube guide online by RadFox. Have you checked that out? He shows exactly how to get it off.
just watched that part again, I think i figured it out. We kinda assumed since that hex key moved spun, it wasn't what we needed to do. I think I got it figured it out now.
exentix is offline   Reply With Quote