GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

RBT-Tuned

2.5 5-cyl
We just got our digital cluster and optical cable from Germany. Our local dealership will be handling the install. Any additional feedback before we begin the installation?

US
2017 Golf R DSG DCC
Non-DAP
Fender Audio

Last edited:

vrod

Ready to race!
@bbusato - did you manage to fix it? You need to set MOST to enabled on both the navigation and AID as the AID receives the map data through MOST.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone confirm if this will work on my Mk7 GTI SE? Fender with no nav.

When I go to the nav screen it should just display a compass, correct?

Also, is it possible to change the theme to the GTI-colored theme?

bbusato

@vrod - yes, finally got it to work properly! New AID module would not accept coding for enabling MOST, it gave me an error for value out of range! But I was able to run VCDS on a 2018 NA-spec Golf R with the AID from the factory and MOST wasn't enabled in the R either. I created a mapping of all stock adaptation values in modules 17 and 5F, as well as every byte of long coding for that Golf R and then studied carefully. It turned out to be the value in the adaptation channel for "Display depiction" which was set to Version 1. You need to set it to either Version 2 or Version 4 for Navigation to display on the AID. In the case of the Golf Alltrack, Version 2 will give you the correct look for the digital gauges.

I posted a guide here for anyone who is interested:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...ay-(AID)-DIY-Retrofit-Guide-for-Golf-Alltrack

bbusato

Can anyone confirm if this will work on my Mk7 GTI SE? Fender with no nav.

When I go to the nav screen it should just display a compass, correct?

Also, is it possible to change the theme to the GTI-colored theme?

I would imagine the cluster itself would work on your GTI SE after it has been coded to your vehicle via ODIS, like a digital version of a basic cluster but with no extra features. I think you would at least have the digital gauges and be able to display the driving information in the middle, but that's a risk you'd have to be willing to take to see what happens. There are videos on YouTube of retrofits being done on early MK7 models though, and some of those look like rather basic models.

peekay342

I installed the virtual cockpit into my MK7 GTI . I have MIB 2 Discover pro with MOST connector so the installation was done last weekend. After installation you can code for the Golf R display or Golf GTI I have gone with the R version. Videos are here ... Mine is a 2014 Golf GTI.

Golf GTI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08IlIjgio5Y&feature=youtu.be

Golf R Version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFsq2CTnt9o&feature=youtu.be

Looks great.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You guys are GOOD! I look at all of the new 7.5 features and figure it's cheaper and easier to just buy the whole car. :)

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
stupid question but i know audi VC uses a view button on the steering wheel to minimize gauges and such. for VW DC, is there different buttons on the steering wheel compared to the analog display that would require swapping steering wheel parts?

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
What's the possibility of this working on a 2015 US Spec S trim GTI? No fender, no nav. Obviously would need to swap to a MIBII system first. But I assume the map screen wouldn't work? Considering going all out on my car if the components are easy enough to source.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
stupid question but i know audi VC uses a view button on the steering wheel to minimize gauges and such. for VW DC, is there different buttons on the steering wheel compared to the analog display that would require swapping steering wheel parts?
Not needed :) it zooms in and out with the OK button.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
What's the possibility of this working on a 2015 US Spec S trim GTI? No fender, no nav. Obviously would need to swap to a MIBII system first. But I assume the map screen wouldn't work? Considering going all out on my car if the components are easy enough to source.

If you swapped to a MIB2 with Navigation (hacked unit) you'd have no issues.

devoslim

2 questions,

1. Is it safe to assume that adding the AID would be plug and play on a 2018 mk7.5 gti S model?

2. Do any of you gurus know what the possibility of adding factory navigation to a non-nav mk7.5 gti is or how to go about it?