GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maxton v2 splitter question

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I like the look of the lip. Already scraped it?. The logo looks like it’s in a recess. Won’t there be an empty square if you remove the badge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s a removable 3d sticker. It was gone first thing. Looks cheap.

Ah, perfect thanks. Would you be able to stick up a picture of it removed? I took the below pictures recently at a local cars and coffee meet. This lip was fitted to a Ford but it has the same similar shape change around the sticker, maybe not quite as deep though?

I like the look of the lip. Already scraped it?. The logo looks like it’s in a recess. Won’t there be an empty square if you remove the badge?

I think it is more of a flat spot/area in relation to the level of the rest of the lip (left and right of the sticker) rather than a recess/counter sunk area where the sticker fits down into. I think underneath the sticker it is a completely flat surface but I am not sure of this but would like to confirm.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I've got the v1. Seems flimsy, but it holds up very well. I've scrapped a few times and it's fine. Guess it all depends how you bolt it up?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I pulled of the logo. Came off real easy since the car has been sitting in he sun for a couple of hours. There’s no recess but a small dip.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Looks dope! I like the silhouette and nice contrast with the white.

So is scraping going to be an issue with you? What are you lowered on?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Scraping isn't a big deal. I've had other VWs that scraped worse. I just have to get used to angling up and down driveways again.:D

I'm in Bilstein coilovers.

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
I pulled of the logo. Came off real easy since the car has been sitting in he sun for a couple of hours. There’s no recess but a small dip.

Ah perfect, thanks.

If I go for one myself I will go for the painted gloss black version as I have already painted my side skirts gloss black and have a GTI Clubsport rear diffuser which is gloss black. I wonder will removing the sticker from a gloss black painted version damage the paint or leave a mark? I will shoot Maxton an email and ask, might even be able to get one from them without a logo (not having had one fitted originally) which would be even better. If anyone here has removed the sticker from a gloss black version and can provide some info that would be cool.