GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Awesome post!

Is the APR Tune heading "2016 Golf-R MT" correct? That should also be considered for the sake of apples to apples. MTs will have slightly less drivetrain loss than the DSG (so the power number would typically be a little less on your DSG vs an MT car).

Do you have any logs of the Stage 3 pull on the COBB OTS map? I'd be interested in the curve also.

Kyle@COBB

Why? There’s no tq converter. I’d think that the difference between a dsg vs manual on a dyno is negligible compared to a “slushbox” auto vs manual. Although 4th gear is slightly different between the dsg vs manual, suppose that’d change the numbers if not considered in the math.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
You're kidding me right? Stratified is terrible. FYI Freektune and MAP Stage 2 OTS is better than a Stratified etune. IS20 5150 tune on Mustang Dyno 325whp/383wtq. That's more than your numbers on that Dyno Dynamics and to top it off the MD reads considerably lower than a DD dyno.

A 5150 base file is literally a Stage 1 file. The logic and safety is "95%" complete but the performance aspect of it is not. The number 95% was just thrown out there in the group to calm you down, not literal. Good riddance you went Stratified, you'll either be back or sell your AP like most people that go to Stratified. What a joke.

Now the waiting aspect, the problem is some of you need to set aside and schedule time to do it, not randomly contact him and be like "I'm free are you free?" Many of us have never had issues with revisions and can get a few done in an hour. Then there are times he is busy. Are you or anyone else willing to compromise on power, performance and safety due to having to wait? Sounds very stupid to do so, plus stratified nickel and dime you for features that all included for free with 5150.

That Stratified etune versus his base is hilarious and terrible. It just shows how the 5150 tune is far superior in it's vanilla state.

/rant

IS20 5150 tune on Mustang Dyno 325whp/383wtq- what fuel? Great numbers. I'm on Strat but de-tuned due to clutch... should've done that first. Hoping to get at least close to those numbers on 91 pump when I pony up for a clutch.

Honestly my first option is 5150 but after reading that other 5150 wait time thread, it made me go a different direction. I don't mind a few weeks wait but 3-6 months, don't think I can do.

Wish I lived close enough to get dyno tuned by 5150 lol.

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Why? There’s no tq converter. I’d think that the difference between a dsg vs manual on a dyno is negligible compared to a “slushbox” auto vs manual. Although 4th gear is slightly different between the dsg vs manual, suppose that’d change the numbers if not considered in the math.

The pump that supplies fluid pressure will take some power to run. The components of the transmission are going to take some power to drive compared to a simple manual box. It probably still may only be a 5hp difference. In most cases it would be negligible but here could make the difference in which tune makes more power. Some folks may base their decision on that alone so I just wanted to point it out.

Kyle@COBB

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
IS20 5150 tune on Mustang Dyno 325whp/383wtq- what fuel? Great numbers. I'm on Strat but de-tuned due to clutch... should've done that first. Hoping to get at least close to those numbers on 91 pump when I pony up for a clutch.

Honestly my first option is 5150 but after reading that other 5150 wait time thread, it made me go a different direction. I don't mind a few weeks wait but 3-6 months, don't think I can do.

Wish I lived close enough to get dyno tuned by 5150 lol.
Wait times are not 3-6 months FYI
the base maps are damn near 90% and simple updates are needed to increase power if we can
the Drama queens in that thread are not telling the whole story