GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

£365 for an oil change from VW willenhall

soooty

£365 for an oil change from VW

Somehow my golf transformed into a bugatti without me noticing it seems. Asked for an unskilled job -oil change that i can do myself and only offer the work to dealers for the stamp in the book.
due 3rd service on gtd golf. does it have to be vw to retain warrantee?

Last edited:

Patagonian

Passed Driver's Ed
Taken from the VW website - only you can decide if you need these items checked.

Our major service will help your car run smoothly. The recommended service interval is every 24 months or 20,000 miles (whichever comes first).

Prices from: £329 for models up to and including 2.0 litre engines and £399 for Touareg.

It includes: Oil & filter change. Replace pollen filter. Replace air filter. Spark plugs (petrol engine) or fuel filter (diesel engine). Remove wheels and check brakes. Check/adjust tension of all drive belts. Check gearbox oil level. Check final drive oil level. Vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, bodywork, glass, locks, battery, coolant levels, drive belts, braking system, steering, hoses, drive shafts, suspension and exhaust system. Full vehicle road test. Diagnostic check including report. Re-set service interval display. Volkswagen stamp in service book.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Yeah if they charged you that for just changing the oil and filter, that's not good. But if they actually did more, like an inspection and replacing filters, then the price sound higher then if you went to a good indie shop, but not out of the ball park.

To put things in perspective, the Mini of San Francisco dealership charges $250 an hour for labor about 180 pounds.