GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Tune for GTI MK7

GTIGuy2

Just got the GIAC tune done on my GTI tonight. So far it is pretty impressive but I was wondering how others feel about it? Please let me know!

GTIGuy2

Thanks for the advice but she controls all of the money. It's a sad story man.

BR MK7

Ready to race!
I've had the GIAC tune for 7000 miles and it is a solid tune with no drivability issues or any problems for that matter. One thing like GoTime mention the tune is conservative and not as powerful as their competitors. I was told back in October that they were working on a revision but that has yet to be released. Hopefully stage 2 will be something special.

Sent from my iPhone while on Mars

witsbusa

Ready to race!
Nothing wrong with a conservative tune which I am sure is still night and day from stock.. especially as the resilience of the MK7 to more aggressive tuning parameters is still shaking out as we're all seeing.. As with the other options available at this point, the lack of a tune at home option took GIAC out of the running despite AWE being relatively close to me and a GIAC dealer.. Time is so limited that I just can't stomach being dependent on getting to a dealer for any updates, upgrades or removal of aftermarket tune.. That factor absolutely dictated my decision on the tuning company with which I went..

Last edited:

BR MK7

Ready to race!
Nothing wrong with a conservative tune which I am sure is still night and day from stock.. especially as the resilience of the MK7 to more aggressive tuning parameters shaking out as we're all seeing.. As with the other options available at this point, the lack of a tune at home option took GIAC out of the running despite AWE being relatively close to me and a GIAC dealer.. Time is so limited that I just can't stomach being dependent on getting to a dealer for any updates, upgrades or removal of aftermarket tune.. That factor absolutely dictated my decision on the tuning company with which I went..

Yea I totally agree with you. Unfortunately that option wasn't available when I got my car tuned. I even contemplated switching but it would be stupid to throw $500 out of the window.

witsbusa

Ready to race!
Yea I totally agree with you. Unfortunately that option wasn't available when I got my car tuned. I even contemplated switching but it would be stupid to throw $500 out of the window.

The all powerful mod itch.. it is an incredibly severe, incurable and relentless compulsion - haha. If I had purchased my GTI a while back I'd be right there with you.. ha.

I tried to tell myself to take a deep breath and hold off to see how unitronic's setup with the home tuning capability performs when it becomes available before diving in to aftermarket tunes... but the willpower to hold off lasted about 9 minutes before I was back on the Eurodyne thread and pouncing on Nik's group buy discount yesterday.. haha..

GTIGuy2

Just a quick update...

Initial impressions of the tune are great. This sucker REALLY moves now. The gains are not as high as others advertise but there is definitely a huge difference. I would like to see the APR tune though still. My buddy just bought an Infiniti Q60 (2DR MT) and after the tune he is looking at a GTI or R lol.

BR MK7

Ready to race!
Just a quick update...

Initial impressions of the tune are great. This sucker REALLY moves now. The gains are not as high as others advertise but there is definitely a huge difference. I would like to see the APR tune though still. My buddy just bought an Infiniti Q60 (2DR MT) and after the tune he is looking at a GTI or R lol.

I beat a G37 when I was stock so I am not surprised.

U2Slow

Just a quick update...

Nice! Good to hear that. Are you running 91oct tune?