GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
First time for me today, too. Due to the abundance of foam, I missed a few spots with the mitt, something I'd normally never do, lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Mine was an interim, upkeep wash, so no mit for me.. just soak and power wash

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well, to catch everyone up.. besides my full 3" turbo back exhaust, jb4, turbo muffler delete, cold air intake, steel oil pan conversion, gfb dv+, turbo inlet pipe and boomba short throw kit, i just installed my bc racing coilovers and wheels. Went with a different setup, wanted to be different. Lol
Finally hit 5k on the clock, as well! [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Well done sir. Looks very squared away

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
AutoX today! Got better every lap. Ran around the same time as a guy in an M2 Competition so pretty happy about that. Learned a lot about the car today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
In the spirit of all these clean cars...I shall post some photos what I did to my 7.5 today after ~300 miles to Cumberland, MD and back.

I took out nearly 0.0000000000000000000003523% of the local fauna in this region of the country, which is really impressive!

But the best part is what I did for another strangers mk 7. Apparently , there was a car show going on in Cumberland--had no idea. Just went up there to drive there and check things out, and we stumbled upon this downtown auto show, with judges and everything. Some beat-up 74 Lincolns and Cheveles, a Tesla...someone's Dodge Dart for some reason, etc. There was a 1910 Stanley steamer car, some legit 41 Oldsmobiles, a gorgeous 74 SS, etc. Some dude entered his 2019 X60...wut? Most of the cars were filthy, rust and bug junk all over them, lol.

Then I noticed a 2015 3 door GTI, non-stock headlights! Crab stickers and everything! (it's Maryland) Not very clean, dude's junk inside and all that, parked on the street with an entry sign in the dash. ...so I gave that guy my people's choice vote!

I started to wonder if I should move my car from the nearby Rose's parking lot and see if they'll let me park it at the show as a late entry, lol. I mean, it is still cleaner than most of the entries there, apparently there is no restriction on "classic," and I fricking detailed the inside a few days ago, so it would be the cleanest at the show!

Attachments

• bugs.jpg
    bugs.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 508
  • bugs2.jpg
    bugs2.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 500

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I see a smudge. ;)

That is a nice shine. 10 hours is pretty good time for all that.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Polished my exhaust tips with some good old German Autosol metal polish

Before & after: