GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I currently use LiquiMoly Leichtlauf High Tech Engine Oil but was thinking of switching over to the LM Synthoil Premium Engine Oil when I finally upgrade from the is20..

I may need to look into Motul a bit also though.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
real race oil has all sorts of stuff in it possibly that you don't want in a street car. the joe gibbs oil i ran in my last car had lots of different additives and stuff that would not be good for cats and other things street cars have.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
real race oil has all sorts of stuff in it possibly that you don't want in a street car. the joe gibbs oil i ran in my last car had lots of different additives and stuff that would not be good for cats and other things street cars have.

correct me if i am wrong, but i don't think the Motul Sport 5w-40 oil that Ed is using, is "real race oil" so it should be ok and not have that stuff you mentioned that race oils use.. i use motul specific and x-cess(a bit cheaper). i think the motul sport is better due to higher ester content.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
correct me if i am wrong, but i don't think the Motul Sport 5w-40 oil that Ed is using, is "real race oil" so it should be ok and not have that stuff you mentioned that race oils use.. i use motul specific and x-cess(a bit cheaper). i think the motul sport is better due to higher ester content.

You are correct. Motul Sport falls in between X-cess and 300V. The 300V is a race oil but Sport isn't. I think the Ester content in Sport is 60 - 70% while 300V is at 92% ester.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
What are the typical turn around times you guys are experiencing when it comes to revision files from EQT? I sent 2 logs via email on Saturday and a PM on the forums on Tuesday making sure that they were received and I have yet to hear from Ed through either channel. I understand he is extremely busy having sold 80+ MQB turbos alone and tuning other platforms as well, so this is not to be taken as a complaint. I just wanted to see what time frames others are seeing; my understanding is that it was around 24-72 hours.

Ed, I sent the logs to Ed@eqtuning.com, is this the correct email address?

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
What are the typical turn around times you guys are experiencing when it comes to revision files from EQT? I sent 2 logs via email on Saturday and a PM on the forums on Tuesday making sure that they were received and I have yet to hear from Ed through either channel. I understand he is extremely busy having sold 80+ MQB turbos alone and tuning other platforms as well, so this is not to be taken as a complaint. I just wanted to see what time frames others are seeing; my understanding is that it was around 24-72 hours.

Ed, I sent the logs to Ed@eqtuning.com, is this the correct email address?

Ed's wife was injured and he is taking on some of her responsibilities. He is a bit behind but should be back to quicker turn arounds in the coming weeks.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Ed's wife was injured and he is taking on some of her responsibilities. He is a bit behind but should be back to quicker turn arounds in the coming weeks.

Sorry to hear this. Thank you for the update.

It seemed out of character considering what others have reported in the past, that's why I wanted to check.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Unfortunately, as sugarmouth mentioned Ed’s wife sustained an injury, and he is now overwhelmed with work and personal balance. On top of selling turbochargers with tunes, he’s also working feverishly on e-tunes, dyno sessions, and trying to keep up with shop operations. He really does need a clone. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
If everyone pitches in a few bucks we can definitely get Ed cloned.

He did respond to my PM today and informed me of the same thing, so all is good. Again, wasn't meant to come off as a complaint, just wanted to see what was up.

Thanks all.

SloW8

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to hear about your wife Ed.

This is slightly off topic but...

Does the Cobb AP support '19 GTI?

Does it support DSG tuning for the 7spd as well? Ed have you been able to work on this or will you anytime soon?

Has anyone thrown an EQT Vortex at a '19 yet?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
An update of sorts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk