GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
So yes, I spent the extra money and got a VERY well engineered, tested and fabricated part.
I agree w your logic and conclusion. Would never install a similar pos but it seems to be working out for other people here. Or they dont know any better.

Stump909

Passed Driver's Ed
It's not like we're talking about a knock-off Chinese turbo (or fully assembled airplane lol). It's a radiator. One of the oldest, least complicated technological advancements still in use today. I promise there's no amount of engineering being added to justify the the additional $600 for a block of aluminum. It's physics. The greater the surface volume, the better the heat transfer. Any other feature being sold, beyond its core function, is snakeoil. The VW platform has to bear a luxury tax that other brands don't experience. Big name $300 intercoolers are common place on others platforms, yet we drool at the chance to drop $600+ on 175 year-old designs.

Last edited:

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Everyone has a viewpoint and I respect that. You have to ask yourself though...why are there 65 pages devoted to this Chinese’s intercooler and how to fit it? File this and that, trim this, snip this shroud plastic etc. mine went directly in, slick as can be. Seems like APR or IE doesn’t have the same raft of questions concerning fitment. If I did have a question I suppose I could have called IEs hotline and I wouldn’t have to know Mandarin!!

Stump909

Passed Driver's Ed
Everyone has a viewpoint and I respect that. You have to ask yourself though...why are there 65 pages devoted to this Chinese’s intercooler and how to fit it? File this and that, trim this, snip this shroud plastic etc. mine went directly in, slick as can be. Seems like APR or IE doesn’t have the same raft of questions concerning fitment. If I did have a question I suppose I could have called IEs hotline and I wouldn’t have to know Mandarin!!

You're exaggerating. The entire piece is aluminum, so any plastic snipping would be on the OE parts, which (if a problem) would impact that individual installing any intercooler. Keep in mind this might be the most laborious form of car modification an individual has ever done. If it wasn't an issue for you, with your product, it wouldn't have been an issue with this product. Plus, there are just as many accounts on this thread of those that had no issue. There's also the lot, such as myself, that didn't feel the need to log an install report. Filing down two pegs has been a known cost of doing business, and it's not limited to just the chinese products. This intercooler just so happens to be the 2nd largest core size on the platform, which in general means less wiggle room and tighter tolerances.

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

There are 65 pages because this is an extremely popular option that provides great results at a fraction of the cost of the competition.

I have contributed to and read this entire thread, and NO ONE has regretted installing this thing. In fact, the only person who mentioned replacing the Magic intercooler with a name brand did so because he got a good deal on an IE intercooler and thought the performance would be better, but later admitted the "upgrade" was not worth it.

Your logic of spending money on quality parts is valid in some cases, but I do not believe it applies to this product. It has proven to be an effective intercooler, and although it is "cheap" (inexpensive), it does not fall apart or fail.

Here's a recent picture of mine I took when replacing my a/c condenser. Installed about 6 months ago and holding up great!

_Dejan_

Passed Driver's Ed
Please do not argue about which product is better... We all know that Majesty or Magic IC need modifications to fit to our cars and by buying them we accept that but we save 500USD or more for other parts ...

After researching Im find that KyACRASH have different plastic radiator support as is on my car... My radiator support looks like this one(Pic from internet):

So probably it will also need additional trimming to corectly fit intercoler with that size. If I remember only intercooler which is very close to it size is Wagner all others are smaller. And if I remember right for Wagner fitting there is trimming necessary...

AlienSP

Ready to race!
I was one of the early installs for the Magic (see my tips referred in post #1). Later I bought an IE IC new from a local person at a bargain price thinking it was going to be noticeably better in performance. It wasn't. Magic/Majesty is a great option.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I was one of the early installs for the Magic (see my tips referred in post #1). Later I bought an IE IC new from a local person at a bargain price thinking it was going to be noticeably better in performance. It wasn't. Magic/Majesty is a great option.
It is alive and kicking in my GTI. Solid but for some reason my upper tab mounting locations needed modified. I opened them up a bit too much so the radiator can pop out. Working out a fix now.

Needless to say it works perfectly.

AlienSP

Ready to race!
It is alive and kicking in my GTI. Solid but for some reason my upper tab mounting locations needed modified. I opened them up a bit too much so the radiator can pop out. Working out a fix now.

Needless to say it works perfectly.
That's alright, my radiator tabs on my IE slip out too.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
As far as my mods go I tend to stick with products that are well engineered and dont require trimming or fussing to get it to fit. When the Chinese buy a Wagner intercooler and reverse engineer it, you are buying a copy, a copy that may look the same but not perform the same. I bought an IE intercooler because I like the engineering that went into the directional vanes located inside the intercooler and the careful measured performance of IAT. Do the chinese do engineering studies like that? Would you fly on a Chinese copy of a Cessna or the real thing??

I just went 10.78 on my China stock mount.

Gordon went 10.4 on his.

I think for $300 it is unbeatable.

This was taken from another thread, but just think, if he’d have used a REAL intercooler like IE or APR, those runs would have definitely been 9 sec runs!

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Ah so p&x is the new magic huh
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know, that's what I was asking :) I can tell you the pictures are exactly the same as the CSK ads, identical, just a bit enlarged and the logo differs. People here have bought from both sellers (hisinauto2015 and au2parts2015) and I haven't seen any complaints, so it looks like it...

Last edited:

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
This was taken from another thread, but just think, if he’d have used a REAL intercooler like IE or APR, those runs would have definitely been 9 sec runs!

Yes im sure IC is the reason for those times, just like I’m sure everyone cares about 1/4mi times.

You missed the point of his post somewhat... by a quarter mile I’d say.