GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG

Finally installed my torquebyte controller, a prerequisite for MPI/E85 on an upgraded turbo. Now I just need to install the MPI manifold and I’ll be ready for Cobb’s release [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Installed my track pads, cut front bump stops, removed fender screw and mounted new wheels/tires.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Audi RS brake ducts installed per golfdave's DIY.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Now all the road debris and water will go right on the brakes.

Jk. Good job.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

ubersick

Ready to race!
Installed some PIAA extreme white headlight bulbs as well as yellow lamin-x on the fogs. Still not sure if I like the fogs.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
I took the airbag light out of the dash, pulled the electronics out of it, and put some cheap window tint over the back side of it. It's better, without looking like I put a sticker on top of it.

50/50:

Tinting the airbag light by krshultz, on Flickr

More on tinting the airbag light by krshultz, on Flickr

I might write a quick DIY guide on it, but it was really easy. All you need is some spare window tint, scissors, tweezers, and a couple q-tips to mash it down once you've got it in place.

I also dug out a lightly used Momo Anatomic shift knob from about five cars ago, and put it on. Shortened the throw nicely, and it blends in fairly well. The boot is being held up by a piece of picture hanging wire. To space it out some and stop it bunching up, I also put in a rubber spacer. The spacer, of all things, used to be a front torsion rod bushing from a 1989 Taurus SHO I had a couple of years ago. :lol: Still have some work to do to get those last wrinkles out at the 12:00 position, but it's easy enough to move around now.

Momo anatomic. Left over from about 5 cars ago. by krshultz, on Flickr

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I took the airbag light out of the dash, pulled the electronics out of it, and put some cheap window tint over the back side of it. It's better, without looking like I put a sticker on top of it.

50/50:

More on tinting the airbag light by krshultz, on Flickr

I might write a quick DIY guide on it, but it was really easy. All you need is some spare window tint, scissors, tweezers, and a couple q-tips to mash it down once you've got it in place.

I also dug out a lightly used Momo Anatomic shift knob from about five cars ago, and put it on. Shortened the throw nicely, and it blends in fairly well. The boot is being held up by a piece of picture hanging wire. To space it out some and stop it bunching up, I also put in a rubber spacer. The spacer, of all things, used to be a front torsion rod bushing from a 1989 Taurus SHO I had a couple of years ago. :lol: Still have some work to do to get those last wrinkles out at the 12:00 position, but it's easy enough to move around now.

Momo anatomic. Left over from about 5 cars ago. by krshultz, on Flickr

Nice. I used some electrical tape, no light passes through at all.