GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on eBay ball bearing is38 turbo?

littco

Ready to race!
We have been in discussions with the company making these for the last 8 months and received a development core to test. I can catergorically state I would not put this core on any car as it is. It's been on my work bench since early December to check vsr balance and then check assmebly but the one I got definitely isn't worth fitting at the moment.

The design I've seen from the manufacture is good and we actually have a very similar ball bearing unit we ran 18months ago so I know it can work , I think the execution so far isn't there.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
We have been in discussions with the company making these for the last 8 months and received a development core to test. I can catergorically state I would not put this core on any car as it is. It's been on my work bench since early December to check vsr balance and then check assmebly but the one I got definitely isn't worth fitting at the moment.

The design I've seen from the manufacture is good and we actually have a very similar ball bearing unit we ran 18months ago so I know it can work , I think the execution so far isn't there.

Great info! thank you so much for the reply. I was hoping someone with knowledge of turbo building would speak up, but the fact that you have the knowledge and even the product in hand to test is even better than I hoped.

Do you have another thread that you are using to track your progress on this? Or do you plan to use them to supply cores for your turbochargers, if their quality improves?

Last edited:

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
This is from China and the guy only has 47 feedback number from well over a ago. Most likely a scam seller.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

littco

Ready to race!
Just to make it clear, I do not sell the ball bearing we developed so this isn't a case of me rubbishing the competition to gain sales. I was genuinely interested in these units as the company has done good ball bearing units in the past and I thought it could be a good unit.

I will put a video to show why it won't be being installed.

Last edited:

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
This is from China and the guy only has 47 feedback number from well over a ago. Most likely a scam seller.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Not a scam as Littco said, he was sent a core in December, but the quality isnt great. Probably still in the trial and error phase of development.

I'm going to pass for now. Guess a used is38 from someone on here is my best bet for under $1000

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Not a scam as Littco said, he was sent a core in December, but the quality isnt great. Probably still in the trial and error phase of development.

I'm going to pass for now. Guess a used is38 from someone on here is my best bet for under $1000

By an IS38X from Littco i think they are around 1k complete.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!