GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible issues with oil?

adam1991

Banned
It keeps the oil stuck on all the moving parts in your engine so when you start your car on a cold start (were most of the wear happens) everything already has a good amount of oil on it, it helps reduce wear and helps with engine longevity, I shouldn’t have said it’s thick cus it’s not thicker than oil is it’s just more sticky than oil once your engine warms up the oil stabilizer has the same vesocity as your oil does lol shops definitely recommend it especially for a car with a turbo in it, believe me I’m not that stupid to put something in my car that’ll ultimately kill it, if you want to look it up it’s Lucas Oil Stabilizer believe me or not lol

Let me ask you a simple question: if this is such a great idea, why don't the oil companies do it themselves right into the oil they sell?

Another question: why didn't VW engineers specify this behavior in their oil specifications?

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
It keeps the oil stuck on all the moving parts in your engine so when you start your car on a cold start (were most of the wear happens) everything already has a good amount of oil on it

Snake oil. Dump your oil, run recommended weights. 0w-40 or 5w-40. (that meet VW spec, see pdf for recommended oils in maintenance section).

If you want real world research and UOA's backing it up, check out
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

They've shown most products to be absolute crap, and some actually harmful. As always DYOR (do your own research).

greens

Ready to race!
It keeps the oil stuck on all the moving parts in your engine so when you start your car on a cold start (were most of the wear happens) everything already has a good amount of oil on it, it helps reduce wear and helps with engine longevity, I shouldn’t have said it’s thick cus it’s not thicker than oil is it’s just more sticky than oil once your engine warms up the oil stabilizer has the same vesocity as your oil does lol shops definitely recommend it especially for a car with a turbo in it, believe me I’m not that stupid to put something in my car that’ll ultimately kill it, if you want to look it up it’s Lucas Oil Stabilizer believe me or not lol

That stuff is complete garbage. I wouldn't put it in a 30 year old motor let alone a 2016. It's a snake oil product. That's what Lucas specializes in. One of the worst companies in the industry. Just do a quick google search or spend some time over on the BITOG forums. Lucas products should be avoided at all costs.

If you're truly concerned with oil being stuck on the internal parts for better startup protection all you have to do is simply use a quality synthetic oil. Any top shelf synthetic will do but a true ester based Group V will provide what you're looking for. Oil additives have absolutely no place in a modern well maintained combustion motor.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
A little less than a quart of the oil stabilizer it’s very thick and viscous so idk if that has anything to do with what my dipstick is showing and noted don’t plan on doing it again, can it damage your engine if you take it out during idle? I heard it basically creates a vacuum leak when it’s removed so the ecu thinks it’s running lean and idles high to compensate for it but not 100% if it’s true, I also want to top it off with oil tonight but am a little nervous to do so because I’m not sure if my dipstick is reading accurately but idk why it wouldn’t be??

Hey , do you know how many quarts your engine needs? That’s what I asked before, how much oil did you put back into the engine, never mind the additive, is possible that you didn’t put back enough oil. My 15 doesn’t require top offs in between oil changes and this is with RMS leak since like 20k miles ago which is weird .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk