GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to do next?

Abarela72

What up VW fam!? I've done a lot of reading on the forum but first time poster. I drive 2016 gti PP LP autuobahn currently running an apr carbon intake, neuspeed DP, and an Apr stage 2 ecu. Looks wise I have lowering springs rims CF mirror caps slew of ODBeleven tweeks and i wrapped the roof black. Anyways I was curious as to what the community feels I should do next? I've been looking at doing a bigger intercooler, as I live in New Mexico and it gets hot in the summer, or finishing off the rest of the exhaust. It's all in preparation to do the is38 swap. But I can only afford one mod this spring. But both will be done before swap. Also what else should I get done before the swap? And can I swap the is38 and my current ecu tune adjust? I read were people are saying it will work with it but it was unclear if these cars already had the ecu done and then swapped the bigger turbo. Any and all tips and advice are appreciated! I wanna go hunt down mustangs and camaros! :D

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Intercooler should be number one on your priorities.

Next, mounts and a rear sway bar.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This. You definitely need an intercooler and better mounts, I always suggest BFI

No need for the rest of the exhaust, if you’re happy with how it sounds fund the is38 with that money. There’s very little hp to be had from our cat back exhaust

Also, after all of that VWR springs are a decent drop without compromising ride quality if you wanna get rid of wheel gap. Honestly it’s how the car should’ve came from the factory

Abarela72

This. You definitely need an intercooler and better mounts, I always suggest BFI

No need for the rest of the exhaust, if you’re happy with how it sounds fund the is38 with that money. There’s very little hp to be had from our cat back exhaust

Also, after all of that VWR springs are a decent drop without compromising ride quality if you wanna get rid of wheel gap. Honestly it’s how the car should’ve came from the factory
Sweet thanks. I actually like the way the car sounds now. I was just wanting the 3" exhaust. Wasn't sure about the back pressure?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk