GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird DV sound

adrian_hij_

Hey guys,

So I decided to switch from my GFB DV+ to my OEM DV, because I wanted to return the GFB DV+ back to ECS. Aside from that, I took her out on a test drive after installing the OEM DV, and for some reason, it's making a different sound when releasing boost. I installed everything exactly the same as it was previously. I was running my OEM DV even while I was tuned before my GFB DV+, and it never made noise like this. My only concern is figuring out if it's an issue or not, and if it is, how can I fix it? (Here's a link to the new sound) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOup8e1fXQ

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Did you make sure o ring was properly reinstalled? It could be sitting slightly off the lip causing leakage. Also, have you noticed changes in boost hold when on throttle?

adrian_hij_

Did you make sure o ring was properly reinstalled? It could be sitting slightly off the lip causing leakage. Also, have you noticed changes in boost hold when on throttle?

Good point, I should double check the pieces from installation. I don't feel a difference in boost levels, but I don't have a boost gauge, so I don't know specifically.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Sounds like an HKS sequential BOV...

GTI_Joe1

Ready to race!
I was just getting this sound when I got my ECU tuned...it went away when flashed back to stock. I was convinced it was compressor surge by my "expert" research, aka googling/youtube-ing. I was probably wrong, lol.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Its not releasing properly causing some compressor surge, you should make sure its
seated properly and the oring is in place

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
That is 100% compressor surge. Dv isn't dumping enough pressure. Probably leaking o ring or solenoid spring is worn out or caught.

adrian_hij_

You guys are right. Just took it off and rechecked it. The o-ring was deformed and bent up which is what caused the sound. I tweaked it up, fixed it up, and reinstalled it. Took it on a test drive and everything sounds completely normal again. Thanks for your guys' help!