GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG sport mode ?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Thanks GolfWang I was actually referring to the Sport mode option under driving profile selection. I will deff look into swapping out the tires for sure soon. When I looked at the sides of the tires when I got home from the dealer "I said to myself wtf are HanKooks ?" lol

Well all Sport driver profile does is make the soundaktor louder, increases steering weight (reduces electric assist), and it does something with the headlights on lighting package equipped cars. If you have DCC it puts the dampers in the stiffest setting.

So, again, only you can really figure out what works best for you with regards to how you want to use the transmission. If you like S mode, drive in S mode. If you like D mode, drive in D mode. If you like to control every shift, like many of us, keep it in manual at all times.

RicHSAD

Passed Driver's Ed
Manual mode is the most enjoyable way to drive a DSG equipped car. I use it 99% of the time. One thing to note is that setting the DSG to Sports mode will increase the car's idle RPM, even if you're actually driving in Manual mode. This can be useful if you're doing some spirited driving, but you could also be wasting gas without realizing if you don't know about this feature.

Something else you can if you want to save a little bit of gas is switch the car back to D as you are coming to a stop at a red light. This will allow the Start/Stop feature to kick in and stop the engine. For some reason this doesn't work if you switch to D after the car has already come to a stop.

Edit: I thought I was in the Golf R section ... I'm not sure if what I said above applies to the mk7.5 GTI as well.

Last edited: