GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Firestone Indy 500 tire.

pantsos

Ready to race!
How long did you have the 500s for? Because performance falls off over time for any tire, so if you switched from warn out 500s to new 4Ss then the difference in feel/noise/grip would be more drastic than comparing both tires when new.

I had them for 2 months

fishtizzy

Ready to race!
I had them for 2 months

There’s a 500 mike break in period of easy unspirited driving needed before ripping into them. Not doing that could produce unexpected results.

I would hope a tire that is anther $100-150 more per tire is night and day better. The purpose of the Indy is bang for your buck performance.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
There’s a 500 mike break in period of easy unspirited driving needed before ripping into them. Not doing that could produce unexpected results.

I would hope a tire that is anther $100-150 more per tire is night and day better. The purpose of the Indy is bang for your buck performance.

FYI the 245/40-18 is only a $70 gap per tire or $280 per set.

fishtizzy

Ready to race!
FYI the 245/40-18 is only a $70 gap per tire or $280 per set.

That’s great! I just don’t require the performance of the PS4 for the driving I do everyday. $460 for the set I got vs $845 for the equivalent PS4s wasn’t worth it financially. To each thier own.

eriknorcal

Ready to race!
Ok, i wish i never bought the firehawk indy 500.
Maybe it's the best for the money but in comparison with the Michelin Pilot sport 4S are night and day.

Except the they're more narrow and there is no much protection for the wheel,
where do i start... much quieter - comfortable - the steering wheel more stable on higher speeds (due to this amazing sidewall). Big mistake that i went with the INDY 500 in the first place.
I didn't expect that much of a difference but WOW.

In a few words, for 250-300$ more buy the 4S - THANK ME LATER

Yep. I made that mistake. I got a smoking deal on the 255/35 Indys, but not a huge fan. Very numb steering feel and the grip feels slightly WORSE than the Conti Extremes I had(235s)

Luckily, Firestone does as 30 day try and buy. I'm getting a set of PS4S from Costco for under $800 installed in a few weeks and returning my Indys for a full refund.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Yep. I made that mistake. I got a smoking deal on the 255/35 Indys, but not a huge fan. Very numb steering feel and the grip feels slightly WORSE than the Conti Extremes I had(235s)

Luckily, Firestone does as 30 day try and buy. I'm getting a set of PS4S from Costco for under $800 installed in a few weeks and returning my Indys for a full refund.

Wow! That's saying something comparing them to the Contis. What model exactly were the 235's you had??

DAS_STIG

Banned
Ordered a set of 225/40/18 for my car - planning on doing 1-2 track days this year (novice) so should be a fun/good tire for my purposes. Comes out to $350 shipped after rebate for all 4 - can't beat that deal.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Ordered a set of 225/40/18 for my car - planning on doing 1-2 track days this year (novice) so should be a fun/good tire for my purposes. Comes out to $350 shipped after rebate for all 4 - can't beat that deal.

How much to mount and balance is the question

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Where you get hem from?