GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro tails, finally!

SCRIDGE88

obd11 has the dap harness app for the euro lights. just purchase that it will code them for you. if you want to code it yourself you can find the codes on google.

So this will work for the non led taillights? Thanks in advance for the advice you guys are awesome.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
So this will work for the non led taillights? Thanks in advance for the advice you guys are awesome.

I’m not sure if understand what your plan is.

Vehicle: NA MK7 GTI in the UK

Plan:
- Halogen Amber Turn signals
- Fog light trigger wire
- EU light switch with fog
- Fog light. UK cars have the fog light on the right side. What did you order?

As far as I understand the wiring of the DAP harness you can get the amber turn signals to work. But the harness shares the brake / parking light between Inner and Outer lights. 2x 21W brake light might be to much current for the light channel. Might be okay if you switch to LED bulbs. Fog definitely doesn’t work with the adapter harness. You need to add further wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCRIDGE88

I’m not sure if understand what your plan is.

Vehicle: NA MK7 GTI in the UK

Plan:
- Halogen Amber Turn signals
- Fog light trigger wire
- EU light switch with fog
- Fog light. UK cars have the fog light on the right side. What did you order?

As far as I understand the wiring of the DAP harness you can get the amber turn signals to work. But the harness shares the brake / parking light between Inner and Outer lights. 2x 21W brake light might be to much current for the light channel. Might be okay if you switch to LED bulbs. Fog definitely doesn’t work with the adapter harness. You need to add further wires.

I just ordered the outer taillight simply because the inner taillights seem to have a place for the fog light build already... I could be wrong. So I figured there would be no need to buy the inner taillights, and has for the fog light I got the extra wire that’s listed on the site.

Parts ordered
Outer ROW taillights
Light switch with rear fog light
Deutsche Autoparts harness
Deutsche Autoparts fog light wire

You mentioned to switch to LED bulbs? As I said I’ve been trying to do as much research as possible. Thanks for the help!!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I just ordered the outer taillight simply because the inner taillights seem to have a place for the fog light build already... I could be wrong. So I figured there would be no need to buy the inner taillights, and has for the fog light I got the extra wire that’s listed on the site.

Parts ordered
Outer ROW taillights
Light switch with rear fog light
Deutsche Autoparts harness
Deutsche Autoparts fog light wire

You mentioned to switch to LED bulbs? As I said I’ve been trying to do as much research as possible. Thanks for the help!!

ZERO815 helped me with my setup, similar to what you’re attempting. But I didn’t bother with attempting to hook up rear fogs. I also just purchased the outer ROW housings with amber turns.

For the harness, I bought a BEC harness and a pin removal tool to modify it. Basically, the outer runner/brake/signal wire is split to become the outer and inner runner/brake. And then the inner runner is used as the outer amber turn signal.

As suggested, I am using LED bulbs as well. But I was using them prior to this little project as well.

Sounds like you’re on a similar track. I won’t be of much help with your fog light setup. The NAR inner housings / bulb trays doesn’t have sockets for fogs.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
SCRIDGE,

I guess that's the wiring layout you need for your project. As long as you keep the dimming factor at 28% for Leuchte27 (see attached coding) and don't use the inners as brake lights you shouldn't need LED bulbs. Although I suggest to use them at least for the reverse lights. I used Sylvania LED 921 for the reverse lights w/o issues.

Please see attached link for the harness instructions and the needed coding.
Wiring
Coding
Regards,
Michael

nype

Drag Racing Champion
^ always going above and beyond ^

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

I’m using Philips Ultinon (red - 7440) for the runners/brakes. Wasn’t able to find these in amber for the turns so went with Sylvania Zevo (amber - 7440).

SCRIDGE88

Cool thanks for the help. So let’s me get this straight I need to rewire with this harness and the coding? I apologize in advance I’m terrible at this and I’m curious as to where to get the inner taillight I may just contact a VW dealer ship to get a hold of one. I also purchased the LED lights since you insisted on having them. I’m actually having a shop do it since I’m pressed for time and trying to get settled in here.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe run the wiring, and perform the coding, but install the rear (with fog) housing later. Will save you some time. And is definitely something that you can do yourself (housing install).

Assuming your main concern is getting through the inspection, and that they won’t care about not having a rear foglight.

SCRIDGE88

SCRIDGE,

I guess that's the wiring layout you need for your project. As long as you keep the dimming factor at 28% for Leuchte27 (see attached coding) and don't use the inners as brake lights you shouldn't need LED bulbs. Although I suggest to use them at least for the reverse lights. I used Sylvania LED 921 for the reverse lights w/o issues.

Wiring
Coding
Regards,
Michael

Hey thanks a lot for the help! I just noticed that you customized the coding for me that’s awesome... I appreciate the help a lot.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Cool thanks for the help. So let’s me get this straight I need to rewire with this harness and the coding? I apologize in advance I’m terrible at this and I’m curious as to where to get the inner taillight I may just contact a VW dealer ship to get a hold of one. I also purchased the LED lights since you insisted on having them. I’m actually having a shop do it since I’m pressed for time and trying to get settled in here.

I don’t know how strict they are in the UK at the MOT with LED bulbs but in Germany you might get in trouble with them during the TÜV inspection.

If you’re using LED bulbs you might be okay just to modify the following section of the wiring to enable Fog light function.

The VW dealer should be a good source for the inner tail, or ebay UK?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hey thanks a lot for the help! I just noticed that you customized the coding for me that’s awesome... I appreciate the help a lot.

NP

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
SCRIDGE,

Wiring
Coding
Regards,
Michael

Can I use the coding and instructions for these:
https://www.shopdap.com/catalog/pro...t-with-harness-magnetimarelli/category/15182/

LA KINGS

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes. I have the same headlights and wiring harness and I just used the dap euro tail light harness codes through obd11 apps and it worked fine. Only problem was comfort blinker went to 0 so i had to change that to 4, but had no problems other then that. the lights also came with LED bulbs. Just be careful removing the rubber hatch boot. some people say you don't have to remove it but I did and broke the clips on each boot. Luckily gorilla glue saved the day.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG