GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 rear sway bar noise

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Alright party people. So to preface, I’m well aware of end link noise and whatnot. And general consensus from other threads I’ve read would be endlinks. However that’s noise generally associated with spherical endlinks. I’m at stock right height with stock endlinks and a 034 RSB. Visually nothing looks like it’s come loose.

Noise started about a month after the RSB I shall and only happens at >20mph on flat ground. Odd. It sounds like a bottoming out shock, but not as harsh. Also, it’s almost inaudible with the windows down.

When I installed it, I didn’t have the suspension under load. I was under the impression that that was only necessary when using adjustable endlinks to set the preload correctly. I plan on getting under the car Monday to re-torque everything under load (on ramps) to see if anything changes. Endlinks were also torqued to good-n-tight because I couldn’t get a torque wrench in there properly. Possible cause?

Anyone experience noise after a RSB install with stock endlinks? Are superpro endlinks in my future?! Any input positive or otherwise is appreciated.

teemmy

Ready to race!
I would make sure that the endlinks are on tight between the rsb and the endlink. Otherwise you shouldn't have an issue - i have a neuspeed rsb and I ran with stock endlinks with no issue. I switched over to superpro endlinks and didn't notice a difference

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
On a previous car, i installed bars with one wheel up at a time. Clunked every time i turned. Reinstalled on ramps, clunk gone.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
I would make sure that the endlinks are on tight between the rsb and the endlink. Otherwise you shouldn't have an issue - i have a neuspeed rsb and I ran with stock endlinks with no issue. I switched over to superpro endlinks and didn't notice a difference

I assume it’s endlink related. Hope so.

On a previous car, i installed bars with one wheel up at a time. Clunked every time i turned. Reinstalled on ramps, clunk gone.

Yeah I put the car on stands, and jacked one wheel up at a time to install each endlink. Hopefully redoing it on ramps will solve it.

athos56

Ready to race!
I've read on here at least once about some noise caused by a broken OEM endlink. I'm installing the 034 RSB this weekend, I'll let you know if I have the same noise or what, I plan on using ramps.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
I have the exact same issue, and I installed on ramps. Been under the car and cranked everything down. It's incredibly annoying and happens every time I go over a quick subtle bump under 30mph.

Love that MF sway bar though.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
stock endlinks will not last at all...mine lasted 3 days after the rsb installed...a bolt was broken and the other side the bushing was gone...we have the smallest endlinks stock...ill go down the path and say endlinks are bad

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
My stock end links have been fine with the 034 RSB and otherwise stock suspension. Are you sure it's not the rear shock noise that's fairly common? My car has always had that noise both before and after the RSB.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the input!

Small positive update: got the car up on ramps tonight. Nothing was loose or broken, but I loosened the two brackets and disconnected the endlinks. Then I reconnected the endlinks and tightened them first, as per 034 instructions. Then I tightened the bracket bots to spec.

So far, no noise. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I plan on upgrading to superpro soon just for preventative reasons. And because cool.