GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leaking something?

wz3r0

Well that’s not good. I’m out in Canada so hopefully stock levels aren’t that bad here. It is what it is I guess if it is 3 weeks.

From Toronto here, same issue, they replaced hte thermostat but waited 15 days for my water pump because of the back order. was told over 1000 orders for this part were waiting to be filled across NA. Just got my car back last week.

Chuckable

Ready to race!
Looks like a pretty broad spread of time here. I have a mid 2015 build date and no leaks, but I’m not yet at 13k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: failed pressure test, new thermostat ordered. 3-4 weeks. Dealers paying for a rental from enterprise since they don’t have any available loaners.

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
My coolant light came on at 35k today. Took it in and after their tests, turns out I have a leak (I think he said thermostat but will confirm when I get it back) but said it was significant enough that he didn't recommend I drive it until the part comes in. So rental until I pick it up tomorrow.

Interestingly, my coolant light has come on twice (15k and 25k, both 5k after the service interval) and they tested both times and said no leak. Today they told me that there was significant "crust" around the leak and probably why it was a slow leak and/or didn't show up. I check the oil and coolant regularly so I was watching it get to minimum thinking there is no way this car consumes that much coolant without a leak.

Being fixed under warranty. Glad the drivetrain is 5 years!

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
My service shop replaced a cracked thermostat housing on warranty. The tech said the problem, along with leaky water pumps is something they see now and then but it's not an epidemic.