GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Datalogs

manfriday

Ready to race!
Thanks for input. Once I get logged I will likely follow up to see what is next. The convenience of the AP with PRO and eTUNE is ahead of the rest

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
The last set of logs look a bit cleaner, with the main change being the gas change over to Shell. The temp was slightly cooler and less humid. I'd rather stay with the Costco gas I'd been using since the price is considerably cheaper.

The next set of logs will be the OTS 93 oct map, with the same tankful of Shell.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
I've been using Costco gas for months and my car runs so much better on it. I used to use Shell and Exxon, but car runs better on Costco Gas and it's 50 cents cheaper per gallon for me.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
The Costco by me has such high tank turnover, I'm honestly surprised that the Shell gas seemingly did better. When I first bought the car, I only used Shell. When I switched over to Costco, I consistently got 1-2 mpg better. Go figure.

I'm curious if Stratified has ever dyno'd the OTS Cobb maps? Any idea of how much extra HP the 91 oct maps give? Cobb has dynos listed for the 93 oct maps, but nothing for 91 oct.

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
The Costco by me has such high tank turnover, I'm honestly surprised that the Shell gas seemingly did better. When I first bought the car, I only used Shell. When I switched over to Costco, I consistently got 1-2 mpg better. Go figure.

I'm curious if Stratified has ever dyno'd the OTS Cobb maps? Any idea of how much extra HP the 91 oct maps give? Cobb has dynos listed for the 93 oct maps, but nothing for 91 oct.

Our headquarters are out in Vancouver which only has 91. Alex has lots of logs with 91 octane, but he's in Texas teaching an advanced tuning course at Cobb HQ so he's hard to get ahold of right now. From what i've seen 91 vs 93 is about a 10-15whp and about 10wtrq difference. I don't know if thats reflected in the OTS maps as the OTS maps are very boost based with not much timing. Running higher octane is where you can push more timing, and thus more power.