GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fug... What would you do?

TroyI

Ready to race!
What would you do?

I bought my gti 5 months ago used. I JUST noticed that 3 of my tires are 225/40's... andthe other is 225/45. WTF... I seriously can't believe I just now noticed. The 45 is one of the front tires.

Tires are not worn out and they are pirelli P7's which I wanted to change to pilot super sports later.

Anything wrong with running the different sizes for another 10K?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Replace all tires now and sell the others for what you can...that is what I would do.

And that avatar brings back some memories!

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
That tire difference is so minuscule, and it would take a very long time to ruin your differential with a .5 difference in aspect ratio. Plus it would give you an excuse to get a LSD.. lol You could just swap the rears to the fronts and you'll be ok.

225/40-18 225/45-18
Diameter inches (mm) 25.09 (637.2) 25.97 (659.7) 0.89 (22.5) 3.5% Difference

DrDavid

Ready to race!
Tires are not worn out and they are pirelli P7's which I wanted to change to pilot super sports later.

To pilot spor4 o 4s maybe but pilot super sport never. I change dunlop to PSS and i want to cut mu balls. They are good in dry but a peace of sh@t in wet and the confort are the worst i ever have.... no more in life a pilot super sport....

Maybe PS4S but....... no...... next will go to goodyear F1As3..........

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I would find a matching tire in the proper size (new or used) and put on.

If you can't put the the best two matching tires up front and the wrong size and other in the rear.

TroyI

Ready to race!
Thanks for everyone's input. I had not even thought of putting it on the rear. That's what I'm doing after work, then I'll burn up these Pirelli tires and get something better. Gives me an excuse to peel out everywhere.