GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thermometer 80 degrees inaccurate

erikweber321

Ready to race!
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ut-G17-Ambient-Temperature-Sensor-VW-Golf-MK7

So all of a sudden my shit is reading wayyy off. Like negative forty degrees f and it's like 60 outside. Then I get a random error tpms pop up at a stop light that goes away once I drove off. Looks like this sensor for the thermometer can get fucked up and like a zillion pieces of the system rely on it. 83k miles, anyone had any run ins with this similar to the guy in the post above?

Last edited:

erikweber321

Ready to race!
I found another resource that showed they replaced the 15$ sensor and it fixed it right away. I'm going to try

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ut-G17-Ambient-Temperature-Sensor-VW-Golf-MK7

So all of a sudden my shit is reading wayyy off. Like negative forty degrees f and it's like 60 outside. Then I get a random error tpms pop up at a stop light that goes away once I drove off. Looks like this sensor for the thermometer can get fucked up and like a zillion pieces of the system rely on it. 83k miles, anyone had any run ins with this similar to the guy in the post above?

That's my post on Ross-tech....:cool:

if you read it even "Uwe" is surprised by the fallout from just one sensor being unplugged..or going FUBAR...

all it takes is well aimed stone at 60mph....like I just had another (3inch across) which has thankfully only taken out the VW badge & grill ....& left the bonnet/bumper/lock carrier all ok....

erikweber321

Ready to race!
Check this shit out. Part comes in tomorrow, I'm paying like 45$ for OEM (fuuuuuu). Looks like it ate a rock to the face perfectly

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Check this shit out. Part comes in tomorrow, I'm paying like 45$ for OEM (fuuuuuu). Looks like it ate a rock to the face perfectly

That's what happened to mine...

mind you yesterday the VW badge took a direct hit from a 3to4inch lump of dried mud/rock at over 90mph (me at 60mph..it was kicked up by truck at 50mph in opposite direction)...smashed the badge & cracked the grill severely...bonnet/bumper/lock carrier all ok..new grill £140ish..small price considering any higher of lower & bodyshop & paint job & blending...:eek: