GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stated-Value Insurance?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I started running KBB numbers for my R for the past few months. I know they're not the be-all, end-all source for valuations, but they indicate my car is going up in value now. I don't know if it's my low mileage that's driving the numbers. When I asked my insurance agent how much I would get now if it were totaled or stolen I got the "insurance-ese" answer, which basically tells me I would get screwed.

I'm thinking of asking how much more it will cost me to insure my car for what it costs to buy a 2018 R with DSG, say $42,000. I don't know if the costs for taxes is included or extra.

Those of you who own classic cars often buy stated value, but you're usually limited to where and when you can drive.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I doubt any insurance company would write a stated-value policy on a non-classic/collector car, since you'd be treading dangerously close to the textbook definition of profiting from insurance, which is illegal in most (if not all) states.

I know that some companies (Allstate?) include a provision to pay out the price of an equivalent new car if yours is totaled, but that doesn't last the duration of the policy.