GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Ensurance

Matt97

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi I am wondering if anyone has ever used VW Ensurance and happy to share the experience. Is it actually worth to contact them instead of your actual car insurance when claim? According to what it says, it seems too good to be true. I am wondering if there is any catch?
https://www.insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/ensurance#faqs

and by the way, I never claim any car insurance in my life before. I am wondering if it worth to claim on £1200ish repair. I am wondering if I will lose all my 9 year NCD since I don't have NCD protection. And I am wondering if people know how much the premium fee usually hike next year? Many thx.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Your insurer will document what happens to your no claims discount if you make a claim, and you can then work out what you would have paid this last year with the reduced discount, but you can't predict what they will charge next year as the base premium will go up, even if you kept your discount.

With 9 years ncd I'd have been rushing to pay the tiny extra amount to protect it, but I would imagine that a claim of £1000 ish will be wiped out by the increased premiums over the next three to four years and you may well be better off taking it on the chin this time around..

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

bertj

Ready to race!
Stupidly I claimed for £400 worth of damage on a previous Golf. Even though I had protected NCD my renewal premium went up by about £250. Not only that, but I had to declare the claim when changing to another insurance company so I probably paid more to them also.

Matt97

Passed Driver's Ed
I had talked to my insurer few days ago and was surprised that they confirmed my next premium fee will be only increased by like £20ish(renewal due in a week). My 9 years NCD will be reduced to 4 years after claim.

By the way, the VW Ensurance is pretty much useless in my opinion. After made a call to them it sounds like they are only act like a claim management company. On VW website it says they will pay the price difference if your insurer doesn't want to pay genuine parts. However after talking to them, it doesn't seem to be true. Very disappointed.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Many insurers actual No Claims Discount scale is based on 5 years maximum. So, even if you’ve been claim free for longer you’ll have earned the maximum allowable discount after 5 years. That would explain why your NCD appears to have ‘stepped back’ from 9 years to 4 years in one go, when in fact the amount of discount you’ve lost is only equivalent to 1 year.

Lots of factors can affect your premium. The algorithms used by insurers to calculate their premiums are incredibly complex and sophisticated these days, using multiple risk factors, and insurers are reviewing and adjusting these factors on an ongoing basis as part of managing their car insurance portfolio. So the fact your premium will only increase by around £20 is probably the result of your insurer treating certain other risk factors applicable to you and your car as risk to them more favourably, helping to offset some of the NCD loss and resulting in only a small premium increase.

Yes, I seem to remember reading that VW Ensurance was effectively a claims management service, but if they’re making promises such as a guarantee that your car will be repaired using genuine parts, then surely that’s a misrepresentation of the truth? It might be worth pointing out to them what they claim their Ensurance product provides, and challenging them on why this isn’t being delivered. Link to the Ensurance details on VW’s website below;

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/volkswagen-ensurance