GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Delete

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Would upgrading to a stock GTI seat be an option until you get the half cage installed? I've used the Pole Position and RT1000 in previous cars (however, both fixed-back), but the lateral support offered in the stock GTI seat is pretty good.

I 100% agree on the Recaro CS... great looking seat, reminds me of the VW Clubsport, but I haven't had the opportunity to try it.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I've run different sport seats (in previous cars) and the fix seat holds the best. I has some Sparco Pro 2000's. With a four point harness...you'll be surprised on how much more control you'll have over your car by limiting body movement. You just have to keep in mind that they are fixed and your mobility while in the seat will be limited. It felt like a big baby seat. I'm a pretty small guy...and some of the stuff I can do in my regular seats...I had a hard time doing in the fixed buckets.

I've run the Recaro SRD, Koenig K5000 (company that made the Mk4 R32 seats), and the Sparco Milano recliners. Out of those...I've felt that the Recaro's had the best fit. They sat higher than the Sparco and Koenig...so I had to modify the brackets so that they sat lower. Also beware of the leg bolsters. They are high...so if you get in and out of the car frequently...you'll be wearing and breaking them down faster than you would with stock seats.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I wanna say I've seen car forum discussions of 4 point belt retrofits. If so, maybe a workable option for you?

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Would you install a full cage if you do upgrade seats? I've been wanting to get a better seat in mine but I don't know if I can run a cage with a bar for seatbelts.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
At least a half cage, even if it’s bolt in would be the minimum I’d want with harnesses and fixed back seats. If you’re gonna do it do it.

Also, if you do a full cage remove the dash and do proper a pillar bars. In retrospect it’s not that much more work for a MUCH safer cage