GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PayPal buyers

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I'm concerned about a sale I made through PayPal with the buyers be very sketchy.

They asked for me to write up an invoice and then they would pay it.
I did.
They asked I ship it to an alternative address. Ok.
After looking it over some more, it looks like the buyer is using unverified account.
Also the PayPal is the not the guy I've been talking to but his gf.

Spoke to PayPal several times, asked the guy and girl to just add the address. They can't or won't.

So now I have to have UPS return the package and ship it the listed address. Sounds real fishy

They lost the password to the PayPal but somehow were able to pay the invoice??

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I've spoke to them, multiple times.

Is this a bad deal? Like you think they're trying to rip me off

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I've spoke to them, multiple times.

Is this a bad deal? Like you think they're trying to rip me off

Hell yes! Sounds like a typical scam. I’ve purchased and sold items and payed and received payment through PayPal over 11 times and have never heard of jumping through so many hoops and hurdles. I would have stopped corresponding with them the minute they asked me for an invoice and to ship it. When you purchase through PayPal that is your invoice and you put in the field what sort of item it is that you’re purchasing. Move on if you can and find a legit buyer. My .02

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Did you receive the money through PayPal or not?

If yes, who cares what they're up to, it's out of your hands...literally.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I have the money but PayPal said the buyer can retract it, if it's not sent to the verified address. So I had UPS redirect the package and at least I'm not going down without a fight. $425

I didn't think it was odd until I realized it was a guy and his gfs PayPal and then they wouldn't add the address.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
So when they saw the package wasn't being delivered today they asked for it to be refunded today. I laughed, totally busted. Like I explained it very clearly, hopefully they realize they're bound to be in more trouble with PayPal than just waiting to get the stuff.

Always trust your gut feeling on these things

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk