GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Maryland MK7 Roll Call]

gameaud

Ready to race!
Anyone have any experience with pohanka VW? they have a new service facility and are offering unitronic flashes and other mods...Assume they are mod friendly?

VW Vroom

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

Looking for any body shop recommendations in down county Montgomery County. Some ice fell off an SUV and hit my front bumper. Car very driveable but some black plastic bits broken and an indention in the reflex silver part that frames the GTI's smiling lower grill. So any places you recommend I take the car to? Places I should stay away from?

Vroom.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
that sucks! sorry to hear.

I am also sorry to say that I know of no body shops to recommend.

Let us know what you find!

Best,

Paul

armedferret

Ready to race!
Anyone have any experience with pohanka VW? they have a new service facility and are offering unitronic flashes and other mods...Assume they are mod friendly?

The dealership may claim "mod friendly" status but the fact remains: if you go in for warranty work, they MUST plug in to the ECU and the software WILL flag TD1, and as a result VWoA MOST LIKELY will refuse the warranty claim if the tune can be claimed in any way to be even possibly responsible for whatever the warranty issue is. The only way you'd get warranty work performed is if the dealership then eats the cost.

If you can get them to put in writing that they will honor the warranty no matter what after performing work which VWoA could claim voids it, and will eat the cost of any warranty repairs refused by VWoA, then by all means go for it.

No dealership that's in the business of making money and in half its right mind would put any of that into writing. But hey, it's worth a shot to ask right? ;)

All I know is, I'm never going back to Antwerpen for ANYTHING. They borked up my paint by washing the car after I told them not to, and claimed "oh that's just normal wear and tear."

Swirls and scratches EVERYWHERE and the service manager was not only unhelpful, he was a complete fucking dick about it. "Apparently you don't know much about automotive paint if you think scratches are avoidable."

Well then. Appreciate the lesson in customer service and how a faulty car wash is totally not your fault.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
If you guys are willing to drive a few miles, then go to Smith VW in Wilmington DE if you must go to a dealer with mods. They're an APR dealer and have their own performance division within their service section. They have a performance store inside the dealership, selling all the top brands of aftermarket products. Several here, including me, have interacted with the manager of that department. He's not going to give you a written guarantee of powertrain warranty coverage with software other than whatever APR offers in their limited warranty (no straight dealer will), but he will tell you that they will do everything in their power to get you fixed up without making you go bankrupt. They do not bat an eye at cars with sensible mods, as they all have modded cars themselves.

mrjenkins2981

READY TO RIDE
Car(s)
2008 R32 #2945
Hey Everyone! I am a 2017 GOLF R owner in Silver Spring, MD. Used to own and 2008 R32. Sold it for a TDI back in 2010. Ended up banking with the TDI Settlement.

Attachments

• MJ_VW2.JPG
    MJ_VW2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 274

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Hey Everyone! I am a 2017 GOLF R owner in Silver Spring, MD. Used to own and 2008 R32. Sold it for a TDI back in 2010. Ended up banking with the TDI Settlement.
Congrats!! Winter wheel setup?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Here's a couple from Baltimore

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Sweeeeet!
A bunch of us are heading up to Hunt Valley for cars and coffee Saturday morning from 8 am to 10 am if anyone is interested!

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Nice!!