GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge

Old 02-08-2017, 04:34 PM   #69
avenali312

Drives: '15 GTI S DSG TR
All of my guns are for competition.

Modified Savage Mark II heavy barrel with an 8 - 32x scope - this gun pulls double duty as my smallbore silhouette and prone rifle. Put together by my father and I, it's really accurate now considering the base rifle starts at under $200.

Ruger 22/45 - No idea what events it will part take in yet. Probably Conventional Pistol. Still torn on if I like the dot sight or not. Super smooth action though.

avenali312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:27 AM   #70
The Fed

Drives: 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGUY View Post
You have a bit of a problem there RJRacing

And I likes it... lol
He lives in Philly. He NEEDS that much firepower I should know.
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.

Last edited by The Fed; 02-13-2017 at 03:36 AM.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #71
The Fed

What? A prosecutor doing the right thing in a Philadelphia suburb? Impossible!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...401397196.html
(Mostly) Posted by Josh/AWE. Flapper valves are open at idle, close after 1100 RPM during part throttle. Full throttle 1st-4th gear the valves open until throttle let off. 4th gear, 1500 RPM to full throttle closed, closed until 3500 RPM, then open until lift off throttle.

Last edited by The Fed; 02-14-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #72
The Fed

Philly cops are known to hassle anyone carrying a gun, so I was surprised to see this. I think perhaps he should have shown his permit but how many bad guys carry openly? I have a recording of a guy who had his permit and ID in his hand and was still held at gunpoint, taken to the ground, and arrested. He was later released and successfully sued for $25,000. If these posts are off topic of the topic let me know. But I'm sure some of you have permits or live in open carry states where you are or could be hassled.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...378008741.html
Old 02-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #73
Skwangtang

Drives: 2015 MK7 GTI CSG Autobahn
Why do people have the need to not comply with police?
oh muh rights blah blah. Ok yes you have rights, but why drag 3 officers into the situation that couldve been diffused if all you had to do was show you have a license to carry instead of ranting off about gun laws and rights, etc.
He isn't helping gun rights by inconveniencing the police who could be doing better things with their time, for instance, preventing more murders from happening on that corner as mentioned in the video.

Anyway, I actually picked up my first concealed carry pistol over the weekend at a gun show. Ruger LC9S Pro. Can't wait to take it to the range and get it broken in.
Skwangtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:54 AM   #74
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwangtang View Post
oh muh rights blah blah. Ok yes you have rights, but why drag 3 officers into the situation that couldve been diffused if all you had to do was show you have a license to carry instead of ranting off about gun laws and rights, etc.
He isn't helping gun rights by inconveniencing the police who could be doing better things with their time, for instance, preventing more murders from happening on that corner as mentioned in the video.

Anyway, I actually picked up my first concealed carry pistol over the weekend at a gun show. Ruger LC9S Pro. Can't wait to take it to the range and get it broken in.
How many years did you live in Philly?
Old 02-16-2017, 03:13 PM   #75
Skwangtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
How many years did you live in Philly?
-Lemme correct myself

I have lived around Philly my whole life. I went to high school in the city and still end up going into the city fairly often to visit my brother and sister who live and work there.

Last edited by Skwangtang; 02-16-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:16 AM   #76
armedferret

Drives: 17 SE DSG NBM
Quote:

on the whole, the open carry movement stuff (IMO) is silly. however, the Philly instance is frankly quite different. it's a matter of the officers not knowing the law, assuming everyone who has a firearm is a "bad guy", and treating them as such without any legal basis to do so.

when they try to claim carrying a firearm is illegal period, there's issues there. at best, it risks serious lawsuits against the city/department for false arrest/imprisonment because the officers don't know the law. either teach them what is and isn't legal, or put them in a different role if they can't seem to get it.

i say the above with zero interest in open carrying or trying to start crap with police officers.
armedferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #77
Skwangtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
on the whole, the open carry movement stuff (IMO) is silly. however, the Philly instance is frankly quite different. it's a matter of the officers not knowing the law, assuming everyone who has a firearm is a "bad guy", and treating them as such without any legal basis to do so.

when they try to claim carrying a firearm is illegal period, there's issues there. at best, it risks serious lawsuits against the city/department for false arrest/imprisonment because the officers don't know the law. either teach them what is and isn't legal, or put them in a different role if they can't seem to get it.

i say the above with zero interest in open carrying or trying to start crap with police officers.
Ahh okay. I was at work when I watched the video so I was skimming through it. I do agree if the officer says that having a visible gun on you is illegal, that's just plain wrong. I guess in that case the man arguing is correct.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:25 AM   #78
The Fed

Sorry, when you said suburbs, I took that to mean out of the city completely not just out of center city. Like Bucks or Montgomery. I lived in the Northeast, in what was supposed to be a good neighborhood. I now believe there is NO good neighborhoods in Philly. I'm sure you read the crime reports in the paper.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #79
Skwangtang

Quote:
Sorry, when you said suburbs, I took that to mean out of the city completely not just out of center city. Like Bucks or Montgomery. I lived in the Northeast, in what was supposed to be a good neighborhood. I now believe there is NO good neighborhoods in Philly. I'm sure you read the crime reports in the paper.
The only place I feel relatively safe is Center City, Gayberhood and parts of Old City. I remember in High School (this wasn't even long ago, '08-'12) I could walk from my high school on 17th and Girard to Suburban station and not feel threatened. Now, I don't know if I could go more than half a block from my high school on foot if I visited.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #80
RadioFlyer

Drives: GSX-Rs ~ '05 GLS TDI ~ '16 GTI SE PP DCC LP MT
Talking Pocket change

Name:  North American .22LR .JPG
Views: 428
Size:  31.8 KB
Old 02-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #81
The Fed

Quote:
The only place I feel relatively safe is Center City, Gayberhood and parts of Old City. I remember in High School (this wasn't even long ago, '08-'12) I could walk from my high school on 17th and Girard to Suburban station and not feel threatened. Now, I don't know if I could go more than half a block from my high school on foot if I visited.
I don't think you would make it off school property now.

I cannot believe how bad the area where I used to live is now. Last August I was up there and had lunch with my old boss at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I went out to Bucks and got a PA carry permit the next day. My Florida permit is good in PA but I figured it would look better if I got stopped.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:06 AM   #82
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Nice NAA. You have the belt buckle for it?
Old 02-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #83
RadioFlyer

Quote:
Nice NAA. You have the belt buckle for it?
Thanks!
Nope, never have been a big belt buckle kinda guy.

I just carry it in my pocket or use the belt clip holster if needed.
It's a nice, little piece to carry when traveling light.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:17 AM   #84
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Thanks!
Nope, never have been a big belt buckle kinda guy.

I just carry it in my pocket or use the belt clip holster if needed.
It's a nice, little piece to carry when traveling light.
I always wanted one. How's the recoil with that little bird's head grip?
Old 03-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #85
RadioFlyer

Pocket change

Quote:
I always wanted one. How's the recoil with that little bird's head grip?
If you didn't have a good hold on it the thing would try to jump out of your hand.
Just have to make sure your middle finger is secure on the grips.
Name:  naa grip.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  108.5 KB

Gun is very accurate
I can hit soda cans from 10 ft almost consistently.
I've shot a derringer that was very erratic.

Name:  belt clip holster.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  148.5 KB
This holster clips inside the pants pocket easily too.
I'll carry it hiking and on short shopping trips when the .45 seems too much.
It works great for what it is.