GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 vs Mk6 disappointment

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
All I was really trying to say was that mk6's are not slow. He never really conceded the point, defended his own or clarified that he was only talking about a certain mk6 until other people did it for him much later on.

Bro, you're still messing with us right?

Recall the very first post of Hoon's that -you- quoted. It references a K03 car. It's clear right there that he's not talking about all mk6 cars but -specifically- K03 cars.

You keep misremembering the sequence of events. Everyone else's confusion stems from your baffling understanding of how this ball got rolling.

We filled in a lot of the blanks for you but you still keep not understanding that the flow of the thread lays out exactly what Hoon was saying from the get.

If this were a face to face conversation and a bunch of us are talking about how a stage 1 mk6 is (comparatively) slow and you roll up and just start talking about how your full turbo swap/fueling upgraded mk6 is fast as fuck. People are gonna be like:

"yeah, that's true, but that's not what we're talking about"

:p

Last edited:

Mrc5z

Ready to race!
All this MK6, MK7, K04, IS38, I got 380whp... all it really matters is

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Bro, you're still messing with us, right?

Recall the very first post of Hoon's that -you- quoted. It references a K03 car. It's clear right there that he's not talking about all mk6 cars but -specifically- K03 cars.

You keep misremembering the sequence of events. Everyone else's confusion stems from your baffling understanding of how this ball got rolling.

We filled in a lot of the blanks for you but you still keep not understanding that the flow of the thread lays out exactly what Hoon was saying from the get.

If this were a face to face conversation and a bunch of us are talking about how a stage 1 mk6 is (comparatively) slow and you roll up and just start talking about how your full turbo swap/fueling upgraded mk6 is fast as fuck. People are gonna be like:

"Yeah, that's true, but that's not what we're talking about"

:p

You keep acting like his one k03 comment had any substance at all. It didn't. I disregarded what he said to continue to point out what he said before which is that mk6's are slow. I understand why everyone was confused, bc I quoted his k03 comment as a habit of grabbing the next comment. I have already said that. I don't think there is any confusion at this point. Again if Hoon's point from the very beginning was that ONLY stage 1 mk6's were slow it was not clear to me as his first post was "mk6's are slow".

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Again, here is what you will not understand.

The first post in the thread is about a Revo stage one mk6 torching a Revo stage 2 Mk 7. The original poster asks if something fishy is going on.

Hoon says in response speaking about the mk6 from the original post: "mk 6 are slow"

That sequence tells you he's speaking about the supposed stage one car in the original post. Paraphrasing his words: "Stage one Mk6 (should be) slow." Only in your world does this sequence mean: "mk 6 are slow, even the ones with turbo swaps and upgraded fueling"

This entire thing started from you implying extra meaning from Hoon's first post. You didn't (and still don't :( ) understand he was speaking about the impossibly fast Revo stage one mk6 from the very first post.

Last edited:

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Do we not have moderators on here that can lock useless and mind numbing threads like this? How is this still going?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Again, here is what you will not understand.

The first post in the thread is about a Revo stage one mk6 torching a Revo stage 2 Mk 7. The original poster asks if something fishy is going on.

Hoon says in response speaking about the mk6 from the original post: "mk 6 are slow"

That sequence tells you he's speaking about the supposed stage one car in the original post. Paraphrasing his words: "Stage one Mk6 (should be) slow." Only in your world does this sequence mean: "mk 6 are slow, even the ones with turbo swaps and upgraded fueling"

This entire thing started from you implying extra meaning from Hoon's first post. You didn't (and still don't :( ) understand he was speaking about the impossibly fast Revo stage one mk6 from the very first post.

Why do you keep saying I don't understand? Where is that coming from? Everybody at this point understands what happened. This was cleared up yesterday, but if you want to keep arguing in circles we can.

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
At least a k03 is more reliable than a is20/is38. MK5/6/7/7.5 are all fast for their generation. No need to belittle older gen golfs. The new Camry v6 has 301hp so it looks like we are back to racing Camrys. :p

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
At least a k03 is more reliable than a is20/is38. MK5/6/7/7.5 are all fast for their generation. No need to belittle older gen golfs. The new Camry v6 has 301hp so it looks like we are back to racing Camrys. :p

Camry v6 also weighs 3600 lbs

This guy spun the life out of 1st gear but even 2nd is slow as hell https://youtu.be/5nSxiXhrruw

Here's a better launch but still snails through 2nd gear https://youtu.be/tk1Q4UWw594