GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

But will it F150?

switzerr

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All,

New to the forum, and new to 21st Century VWs (I had a 1982 Rabbit when I was much younger). My wife and I are the new owners of a 2018 GTI six speed. We have been trying to replace our 2016 F150 2.7 with a 2018 F150 2.7 Lariat but our dealer kept striking out on snaring one.

I loved the truck, but honestly, we didn't really love the compromises it required. I mostly used the space inside the supercrew cab, and rarely the box.

Will the GTI F150? We will see . . .

Rob

Last edited:

Juggar

Ready to race!
wtf?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
after reading it a few times, this is what I got.

They had a F150, wanted a new one, but couldn't find one as they wanted equipped. They also never used the bed of the truck, so they decided that a GTI would be worth a try, so here they are confusing us :D

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
You are far from VWs demographic for a GTI but you’ll love it. Enjoy.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
after reading it a few times, this is what I got.

They had a F150, wanted a new one, but couldn't find one as they wanted equipped. They also never used the bed of the truck, so they decided that a GTI would be worth a try, so here they are confusing us :D

Thank you for the decoding it [emoji106]

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
GTI is a great do all car....but I also own a Taco and 1/2 of a plow truck. besides lumber/pellets I wouldn't miss my truck much but can afford two rides. If I didn't have truck I would get rack system for kayaks and light lumber.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
GTI is a great do all car....but I also own a Taco and 1/2 of a plow truck. besides lumber/pellets I wouldn't miss my truck much but can afford two rides. If I didn't have truck I would get rack system for kayaks and light lumber.

That's exactly what I did! Dude was selling a roof rack on CL. Asked me what I planned to do with it. I said "Haul lumber." and he looked at me all funny. $30 sure beats a truck payment.

image by Diggs24, on Flickr

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
^^yep...ya wouldn't want to build a house and plywood/sheet rock will take planing or plan B but for many things it'll work. The majority of folks with trucks (myself included) could get by w/o them. That being said the GTI is the 1st car that has ever made me consider if I only had one vehicle it might not to have to be a truck.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Can always install a trailer hitch and use a cargo thing that mounts to the hitch. Harbor Freight has a steel one and an aluminum one.