GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weather tech / Gas pedal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam1991

Banned
WT only has .1 stars more than the MAXpider on Amazon, but only 22 reviews compared to 47. So I guess you are wrong about their online presence and business.

Have you been to the two web sites in question?

https://3d-maxpider.com/

https://www.weathertech.com/

Who gives you incredibly more information, has a wider range of floor mats, and makes it incredibly easy to buy from them and/or get specific information about specific products?

I have no idea if MAXpider even makes mats for my car, based on their web site. Apparently not, frankly--they list Tesla, Camry, Odyssey, and Accord. Period.

Any "buy now" link just generically takes you to Amazon.

I'm an expert at being a consumer, and let me tell you, the MAXpider people absolutely SUCK at serving the consumer.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Have you been to the two web sites in question?

https://3d-maxpider.com/

https://www.weathertech.com/

Who gives you incredibly more information, has a wider range of floor mats, and makes it incredibly easy to buy from them and/or get specific information about specific products?

I have no idea if MAXpider even makes mats for my car, based on their web site. Apparently not, frankly--they list Tesla, Camry, Odyssey, and Accord. Period.

Any "buy now" link just generically takes you to Amazon.

I'm an expert at being a consumer, and let me tell you, the MAXpider people absolutely SUCK at serving the consumer.

You are blindly comparing a big company with money with smaller business with less marketing budet, yet makes equal or better product with less cost to their customers.
Amazon's information and its reviews are way better than WT website product information with higher price with slow shipping

adam1991

Banned
You are blindly comparing a big company with money with smaller business with less marketing budet, yet makes equal or better product with less cost to their customers.

I'm an expert at being a consumer, and my expertise in this area says none of that matters.

Web sites are easy and cheap. At least try--unless you don't care about, oh, attracting consumers.

Amazon's information and its reviews are way better than WT website product information with higher price with slow shipping

Reviews on Amazon are garbage, and I don't count on them one bit. WT's information is clear, and they make it incredibly easy for me to get everything I need including part numbers that I can then plug into any search engine I want to see who I want to buy them from. I'm not limited to WT's site, nor am I limited to whatever is up on Amazon with its limited information.

Again, I'm an expert at being a consumer.

I bought some heavy duty general "cut to fit" WT floor mats (no laser measured units are available for a 2005 Matrix, of course); a few seconds on their site showed me what my options were and how much WT wanted for them direct, but a few more seconds found a third party that would sell them to me cheaper with free shipping.

I ordered them Sunday, and got them Tuesday. What's that about "slow shipping" again? Oh, right--I didn't buy them directly from WT. I was able to leverage their huge distribution channel.

How many third party sellers carry the other ones again?

As an expert in being a consumer, I will tell you which is the easier and more complete overall experience.

adam1991

Banned
Well... these are different model, and they don't make them for our vehicles.
Ours are Kagu rubber floor liners.

...a fact completely ignored at the beginning of this thread as blanket statements were being thrown around.

Details. Details.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I'm an expert at being a consumer, and my expertise in this area says none of that matters.

Web sites are easy and cheap. At least try--unless you don't care about, oh, attracting consumers.

Reviews on Amazon are garbage, and I don't count on them one bit. WT's information is clear, and they make it incredibly easy for me to get everything I need including part numbers that I can then plug into any search engine I want to see who I want to buy them from. I'm not limited to WT's site, nor am I limited to whatever is up on Amazon with its limited information.

Again, I'm an expert at being a consumer.

I bought some heavy duty general "cut to fit" WT floor mats (no laser measured units are available for a 2005 Matrix, of course); a few seconds on their site showed me what my options were and how much WT wanted for them direct, but a few more seconds found a third party that would sell them to me cheaper with free shipping.

I ordered them Sunday, and got them Tuesday. What's that about "slow shipping" again? Oh, right--I didn't buy them directly from WT. I was able to leverage their huge distribution channel.

How many third party sellers carry the other ones again?

As an expert in being a consumer, I will tell you which is the easier and more complete overall experience.

LOL self claimed expert is not an expert. and I have used two WT floor liners for my previous vehicles, and that's why I ditched WT liners. Even AUDI service advisor and tech like 3D Maxpider better than WT liners on my car.
Also, you do not have any experience with 3D maxpider liners, so you cannot really have much to say on the actual product, so instead, you just shift the topic into "websites and information" thread.

Also, amazon reviews are not 100% accurate, but the process is simple. you don't have to leverage their distribution channel.
You simple click twice, and you get what you want in two days and even one day shipping.
If you don't like it any way, you can simply return it for free with provided label and get full refund or full refund in Amazon credit.

and we were talking about WT webstie and Amazon, and now you are saying the third pary is better? Stay with us please. please don't branch out the argument boundary since it is already out of the main discussion point.

Bottom line: WT liners and 3D Maxpider liners do not move once they are in place, but only human's shoe(s) slips when the surface gets wet and that happens with WT liners way more often.

Last edited:

adam1991

Banned
LOL self claimed expert is not an expert.

Physician, heal thyself.

and I have used two WT floor liners for my previous vehicles, and that's why I ditched WT liners.

What was that you said above?

Even AUDI service advisor and tech like 3D Maxpider better than WT liners on my car.

That's nice.

Also, you do not have any experience with 3D maxpider liners

How can I? They don't sell any for my car--or so it would appear from their pitiful web site.

so you cannot really have much to say on the actual product,

Which I pointed out very clearly. VERY clearly.

I am an expert at being a consumer. Their web site sucks, and it appears they don't care to let anyone know what they actually sell.

so instead, you just shift the topic into "websites and information" thread.

Absolutely--because all the talk here has no backup on their web site. None.

Also, amazon reviews are not 100% accurate

That's right.

but the process is simple. you don't have to leverage their distribution channel.
You simple click twice, and you get what you want in two days and even one day shipping.
If you don't like it any way, you can simply return it for free with provided label and get full refund or full refund in Amazon credit.

I'm an expert at being a consumer, and that's not nearly adequate with respect to gaining new customers.

A better web site would go far toward that end.

And you can't dispute my expertise as a consumer, so all you do is attack it because I refuse to accept something as pitiful as their web site and distribution methods.

and we were talking about WT webstie and Amazon, and now you are saying the third pary is better? Stay with us please. please don't branch out the argument boundary since it is already out of the main discussion point.

Follow the bouncing ball, dude. You complained about WT's slow shipping, as if WT direct is the SOLE source of their product. I disputed that, and gave an example. And in fact, a wide distribution network is much much better for the consumer. Maybe you're not an expert at being a consumer, though.

Good try at avoiding your issue, though.

Bottom line: WT liners and 3D Maxpider liners do not move once they are in place, but only human's shoe(s) slips when the surface gets wet and that happens with WT liners way more often.

Never had your slipping problem personally, so I dispute it being a "problem". Witness the "well, I said it's slippery because I work in an auto shop and always have oil on my shoes" disclaimer--does that mean that WT mats are slippery by definition? Or does that mean that your extreme use case is just that--extreme?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
...which is a FAR cry from "WT mat slip".

After all, how many people here work in an auto shop and have oil on their shoes regularly.

Details.

I never said any mats slip. I only said my shoes slip and I talked about the oil both times. It was just broken up over two sentences in the first post.

This thread is the best thread... in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.