GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weather tech / Gas pedal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
and weather tech floor liner is very slippery when wet. That's why I chose 3D Maxpider liners.

I will never understand why people think these are slippery.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
The WeatherTech floor liners do get slippery when wet, but *how* slippery is dependent on your shoe's sole.

I experienced it whenever I wore Vans or my dress shoes and a bit of water gets on the floor liner. When I wore one of my boots, it wasn't nearly as slippery.

Regardless, from my experience, cloth-based floor mats don't get as slippery.

And no...I moved from WeatherTech to Tuxmat, which is also not cloth-based like Maxpider.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

nate704

Go Kart Champion
The WeatherTech floor liners do get slippery when wet, but *how* slippery is dependent on your shoe's sole.

I experienced it whenever I wore Vans or my dress shoes and a bit of water gets on the floor liner. When I wore one of my boots, it wasn't nearly as slippery.

Regardless, from my experience, cloth-based floor mats don't get as slippery.

And no...I moved from WeatherTech to Tuxmat, which is also not cloth-based like Maxpider.

sorry. Maxpider is NOT cloth based.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Woops just checked that it's rubber.

Can't remember which cloth-based liners others recommend in the other floor mat threads...

adam1991

Banned

well....

https://3d-maxpider.com/classic-floor-liner-set/colors-material.html

3D MAXpider classic floor liners were developed as an ultimate product, that combines features of a traditional weather mats for cars and classic carpet floor mats. As a result, class carpet MAXpider 3d mats are firm, waterproof and have got raised lips to keep dirt, moisture and particles inside. On the other hand, they do not look that commercial or rugged, as the top layer is carpet. That’s the reason why these mats quickly grabbed attention of the drivers, as with 3D MAXpider floor mats one does not have to select looks or protection. 3D MAXpider floor mats allow having both!

3D MAXpider classic floor liners can be hardly referred to as regular floor mats, because they are not just plain carpet mats. Even though they look and feel carpet in the vehicle...

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I will never understand why people think these are slippery.

Only slippery if one cleans with products like armor all. I have cleaned with 303 before. No big issue as WT does not move and with DSG one foot on dead pedal most of the time. Clean mats with dish washing soap and they will not be slick when wet.

OP, adding your extra padding is dangerous. Good thing it has not put you in a bad situation. I would correct in AM even if late to work. It is that dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

Those are the Classic Floor Liners and aren't made for the GTI (well A3 technically). 3d MAXpider Kagu Floor Liners This is the link you wanted. The ones for the GTI do not have carpeting or cloth. I much prefer them to the WT ones. Might be because my father uses WT for his trucks, so I find them fitting there and no where else. I like the look of the 3d MAXpider. Due to the material they use on the bottom, the mats don't move. I would still say they can be slippery when wet depending on your shoes. Although mine normally have some oil on them from the shop, so others may not have that issue. Cleaning is a breeze... or rather a vacuum and damp microfiber. Rear mat collected nearly a gallon of water (realistically like half at most, it just looked like a lot) during an incident.

MK7 3d MAXpider

I also have a set for my wife's CRV. Makes cleaning up her mess really easy.

Last edited:

adam1991

Banned
Well, that wasn't specified now, was it? The claim was made: MAXpider floor mats aren't carpet. And yet they are.

WT Floor Liners, which compare to the MAXpider Floor Liners, don't slip.

Funny thing--WT has an incredibly better web and sales presence than does MAXpider, who appears not to be in business very well.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Well, that wasn't specified now, was it? The claim was made: MAXpider floor mats aren't carpet. And yet they are.

Funny thing--WT has an incredibly better web and sales presence than does MAXpider, who appears not to be in business very well.

Well we are talking about MK7 floor liners, so that's pretty obvious and they are both MAXpider floor liners. I mean are we talking about the WT 444961 or https://www.weathertech.com/carpet-liner/? No one specified :rolleyes: . At least one person has stated WT do slip. I have experience with WT slipping.

I guess I didn't explain myself. When it is raining out, and there is water on the mats, my foot can slip due to oil from the shop being on it. It doesn't always slip, but if I put pressure on it just right in the right conditions, it can slip.

WT only has .1 stars more than the MAXpider on Amazon, but only 22 reviews compared to 47. So I guess you are wrong about their online presence and business. I wasn't trying to turn this into a WT vs MAXpider debate.

Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

Neither slip. I don't know why you're fixated on the mats slipping [across the floor].

We're talking about shoes easily losing grip and slipping on the surface of the mats, especially when the surface of the mats get wet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
I guess I didn't explain myself. When it is raining out, and there is water on the mats, my foot can slip due to oil from the shop being on it.

...which is a FAR cry from "WT mat slip".

After all, how many people here work in an auto shop and have oil on their shoes regularly.

Details.

Status
Not open for further replies.