GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

California Residents

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I've heard it's easier to just slap a prop 65 warning on everything that to go through certification/compliance testing.

pieguy

Ready to race!
For all the people bashing California in this thread, sure are a lot of people from their states trying to make it over here :rolleyes:.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I think the bigger problem is that the regulation bins relatively low risk substances with high risk ones, such that people basically ignore it, assuming it is nonsense, which it often is. It stops being useful when the label goes on essentially everything. Think about how low of a threshold the below criteria is; If i'm exposed to a product every day for my entire life that meets the minimum criteria, I would have a 0.001% chance of getting cancer from it. I think I'll just live with that risk. If they want people to take it seriously, they should reduce what it applies to.

"Proposition 65 regulates substances officially listed by California as having a 1 in 100,000 chance of causing cancer over a 70-year period or birth defects or other reproductive harm"

railroader

Autocross Newbie
For all the people bashing California in this thread, sure are a lot of people from their states trying to make it over here :rolleyes:.
In all reality more people are trying to leave California then go there except for the people south of the border, I'm from California and it use to be a good place, but now not so much, homeless people everywhere, over priced everything, ridiculous cost of living, stupid traffic. The idiot's that rule that place have ruined it, when you can go to jail for a plastic straw, there is something wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

Not true.

https://lao.ca.gov/laoecontax/article/detail/265

Cliff notes:

For many years, more people have been leaving California for other states than have been moving here. According to data from the American Community Survey, from 2007 to 2016, about 5 million people moved to California from other states, while about 6 million left California. On net, the state lost 1 million residents to domestic migration—about 2.5 percent of its total population.

Now, illegal immigrants might be a different story ;)

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
My friend, his mom, father and brother all lost their houses in Paradise. Shit sucks even more when it actually affects people you care about.

The air quality has gotten better, but still not good at all. My car was covered with ash on Friday afternoon before leaving work.

adam1991

Banned
I've heard it's easier to just slap a prop 65 warning on everything that to go through certification/compliance testing.

I think people *from* California who come to my state should be forced to wear a big orange sign that warns people, they're from California.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Not true.

https://lao.ca.gov/laoecontax/article/detail/265

Cliff notes:

For many years, more people have been leaving California for other states than have been moving here. According to data from the American Community Survey, from 2007 to 2016, about 5 million people moved to California from other states, while about 6 million left California. On net, the state lost 1 million residents to domestic migration—about 2.5 percent of its total population.

Now, illegal immigrants might be a different story ;)

Thing is the people leaving are the people who can't afford it. People with a bachelors and graduate degrees are coming here at a steady rate, now more than ever. That means the places that people want to live like San Diego, LA County, and the Bay Area are booming.

If you move to California only to end up in the Central Valley or far Northern California, you're definitely not moving to the stereotypical California.

I don't even understand why people keep bringing up this illegal immigration stuff. Illegal immigration has been stagnant or declining percentage wise for a while now. What I do know is, I sure as hell don't see legal citizens flocking to pick produce on farms that pay nothing.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I just bought a small box cutter from Amazon...its got the Prop 65 warning.

I've lived in California all my life...I have no reason or desire to move to another state.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I've lived in California all my life...I have no reason or desire to move to another state.

Same!! Lived here all my life and don’t have any desire to move elsewhere. California does have some problems, but I think it’s worth it.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Same!! Lived here all my life and don’t have any desire to move elsewhere. California does have some problems, but I think it’s worth it.

:D yep

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thing is the people leaving are the people who can't afford it. People with a bachelors and graduate degrees are coming here at a steady rate, now more than ever. That means the places that people want to live like San Diego, LA County, and the Bay Area are booming.

If you move to California only to end up in the Central Valley or far Northern California, you're definitely not moving to the stereotypical California.

I don't even understand why people keep bringing up this illegal immigration stuff. Illegal immigration has been stagnant or declining percentage wise for a while now. What I do know is, I sure as hell don't see legal citizens flocking to pick produce on farms that pay nothing.
It's the middle class leaving, only people going are rich and poor, California going down the toilet

pieguy

Ready to race!
It's the middle class leaving, only people going are rich and poor, California going down the toilet

Right haha :rolleyes:

Lots of people watching Fox News thinking California is purgatory. ~40 million people who just don't want to leave purgatory.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

was gonna FTFY this with Merica in place of CA but politics.

peace

Mud

right coast boy been to CA 2x...it was great both times but it was as tourist. I know life is different than vacation