GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs A3

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Well at least I didn't shoot him. A cop was across the street and they ended up taking a report but unless I go to court to sue him for civil damages I guess, nothing happens. He was mad because he thought I was following him.

Ahhh, ya not worth the trouble going the legal route. Suppose if a cop was right there I'd have expected him to do something and I wouldn't be looking to go to jail that easily either, but ya don't shoot anybody for something like that, but beating the bloody hell out of him would've been appropriate to me, gotta stand up to bullies, sad the law was there and let you down.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh, ya not worth the trouble going the legal route. Suppose if a cop was right there I'd have expected him to do something and I wouldn't be looking to go to jail that easily either, but ya don't shoot anybody for something like that, but beating the bloody hell out of him would've been appropriate to me, gotta stand up to bullies, sad the law was there and let you down.

Really it's not the cops fault but the California government. It would be a vandalism misdemeanor charge but the district attorney won't waste their time with something so "minor" when they can barely deal with the rape and murder etc. liberal paradise out here ... :rolleyes: /rant

Highest gas tax in the country (?) and 10% sales tax and they still don't have enough funds ..

90% of it just washed and rubbed off but there's still marks in the clear coat that are noticeable from certain angles and lighting. I bet a pro could polish it out in minutes...

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Kind of odd for someone to slam their brakes on and get out of the car even, for doing nothing to them. Are you sure you didn't do something a little stupid after he got in front of you?

Tico63

Ready to race!
Kind of odd for someone to slam their brakes on and get out of the car even, for doing nothing to them. Are you sure you didn't do something a little stupid after he got in front of you?

I tried to explain in the first post. He brutally cut me off, at the light I accelerated to pass him, he tried to beat me to the point, I beat him, he lost. He proceeded to road rage. He followed me for a couple of blocks and I let him pass. As he did, his girlfriend was road raging and I couldn't help but laugh. I was not going to road rage back.

That's when he got in front and slammed the brakes. So yes, I guess the something that was a little stupid was to accelerate hard after him cutting me off. Two wrongs don't make a right and was probably immature on my part. But when someone disrespects you or does something like that and you have the power to do something about it, in this case in your hands, then that was my reasoning for doing this. I probably should have had more self control though.

I don't make it a habit to get into road rage altercations, but if someone starts and I finish it, then I have peace of mind. But his idea of finishing it was inciting violence. My idea was putting buses between my car and his.

Last edited:

Tico63

Ready to race!
You're a better man than I, that'd been an instant ass whipping. Nothing more chicken shit than messing with a mans car in my book and there is no way if that'd have happened to me that ends peacefully. You did the smart thing, I wouldn't have been able to.

Well I stayed calm the entire time. Had I not gunned it and left he would have damaged my car as well provoking me to exit my car. First thing that crossed my mind, were hospital bills, dealing with the car insurance for damages to the car, battery disputes in court, and potential lawsuits.

Took one second for me to realize that I did not want to deal with that mess just because some clown was crying that he lost.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I tried to explain in the first post. He brutally cut me off, at the light I accelerated to pass him, he tried to beat me to the point, I beat him, he lost. He proceeded to road rage. He followed me for a couple of blocks and I let him pass. As he did, his girlfriend was road raging and I couldn't help but laugh. I was not going to road rage back.

That's when he got in front and slammed the brakes. So yes, I guess the something that was a little stupid was to accelerate hard after him cutting me off. Two wrongs don't make a right and was probably immature on my part. But when someone disrespects you or does something like that and you have the power to do something about it, in this case in your hands, then that was my reasoning for doing this. I probably should have had more self control though.

I don't make it a habit to get into road rage altercations, but if someone starts and I finish it, then I have peace of mind. But his idea of finishing it was inciting violence. My idea was putting buses between my car and his.
Getting "beat" in a "race" doesn't normally induce road rage. That's why I ask.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Getting "beat" in a "race" doesn't normally induce road rage. That's why I ask.

You'd be surprised. This happened years ago when I still had my Corrado. There was a F-150 type truck on my right side that was trying to get in front of me before his lane ends. He has no room to pass and yet he guns it. Its either that I'm going to get massively cut off or get pushed out of my lane. I gas it and he has to brake and get behind me. At the next signal light he rolled down his window and looked like he was pretty pissed and was going to say something. I smiled and waved...he got a surprised look on his face and got more pissed off...lol...there was nothing he could do about it. Light turned green and he drove off.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
It was either an A3 or S3 that rolled near my place last night, I saw him take the corner really fast and I was bored so I kept getting on the gas to listen to that awesome turbo noise.. he heard me and floored it, the exhaust was super loud and it was at least as fast as my Golf.. wonder what he did to it.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
You'd be surprised. This happened years ago when I still had my Corrado. There was a F-150 type truck on my right side that was trying to get in front of me before his lane ends. He has no room to pass and yet he guns it. Its either that I'm going to get massively cut off or get pushed out of my lane. I gas it and he has to brake and get behind me. At the next signal light he rolled down his window and looked like he was pretty pissed and was going to say something. I smiled and waved...he got a surprised look on his face and got more pissed off...lol...there was nothing he could do about it. Light turned green and he drove off.

That's not the same as slamming on the brakes in front of someone and getting out of your car. When one exits the vehicle, they are beyond mad.

jedredgti1

I've always treated VW's and Audi's (and their drivers) as close cousins. I like both related brands and currently own one of each. If you get a new Audi owner that doesn't know the brand's history and that they are owned by VW Group, they are just ignorant.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
FWIW, I walked a A4 on the highway that was probably stock with an empty roof box on top of my GTI lol...the A4 driver was laughing as was I. I'd say most are not tools.