GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB1 GTI vs E46 M3

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
So the guy got ahead of me by downshifting and running a red. Next light he was stopped and I caught up to him. I knew he'd go but we had a car in-between us so I couldn't do "the look" lol. Light went green, eased off the line normally but progressively gave her just a little more to see if the guy would bite. Sure enough he did so we went for it. As soon as he shifted into 2nd I put a couple cars on him and kept walking away. Shut it down at about 80-90 when the wife had enough lol.

He was trying to get me to go again from about 50 but I had to turn. He had at least an exhaust, but I think possibly a bit more since I've run other E46s and put bus lengths on them. Good night in Mejico!

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Good work, especially while having a spouse-speed-limiter onboard!

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill! You still need a Isabel and eurodyne ...

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I know, with Isabel and ED it would have been a joke.. much less with Isabel I might be able to hang with a new one like jmarg ;)

The wife usually tells me to shut it down sooner but every now and then she lets me go crazy haha. She must have been enjoying it herself ;)

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Dafuk is an Isabel?

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
how the fuck do you remember how to fucking login?

0bLiViOuS has got to be the most retardedly difficult name to remember

:D

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Lol it's my login to just about every forum for the past 15+ years. If you see a user on a car forum with the same name, there's a good chance it's me ;) it even more fun trying to tell people the first "O" is a zero lol

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Nice kill, but even a JB1 GTI shouldn't come anywhere near 'bus lengthing' an E46 M3. They're low 13 sec cars stock, and a dig is not their strong suit.

There's also not a lot of room for extra power on the S54. They're so high strung from the factory. It takes a tune, intake, full exhaust for meaningful gains, and even then, in the realm of performance cars, they're relatively modest.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
The other two I've raced I just walked them so that's what I'm basing my comment on. Could have just been beat M3s since they are getting older now.

Either way it was a fun race and I love them if it wasn't for the subframe issues.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Dafuk is an Isabel?

Lmao :D
I said IS38 near my lady a little too much so she named it Isabel and the fever got passed down to this forum.