GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 gti vs.

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
Not lately, the last time the car has been to the track was Waterfest, where my son ran low 13's @ around 114mph on pump gas/stock tires. I'm not really trying to get the last 0.01 second out of it, just a rough idea what it can do as is. However, the IS38 adds a nice touch to a college commuter that I pay for and get to drive once in a while.

What reflash are you on? Apr?

craigsix

Ready to race!
It has to be the all seasons. I got a 13.23 on stage 1 w/michelin PSS tires. I am stage 2 with all bolt on's and plan on whooping 12's all day long when the track opens (maaaaybe an 11.9???). You should be in the 11's good sir.

Tires, tires, tires... If you don't have a lower mount insert, you may want one.

I have stock all seasons (winter), Michelin PSS (Summer), Hoosier A6 (autox, hillclimb), Hoosier 16" DR's (drag). Tires, tires, tires....
what was your 60ft times? his 2.4 sucks! a 1.9 would shave a second off his time and make it a 12.3 which is respectable.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Keep in mind that temperature, humidity and elevation play a HUGE roll in what times you run. Your car is making the power according to the Dyno... but if you're running in less than ideal conditions (like we have seen all summer), then you will see disappointing results.

I have the same tune on the same setup with similar dyno numbers, here is what I put down at 3460lbs (with me in it, full weight and tank) on pump gas and street tires spinning all the way down the track...

Heres a tip for launching, short shift the crap outta 1st gear and shift at 5500rpms in 2nd for optimal traction.

craigsix

Ready to race!
Keep in mind that temperature, humidity and elevation play a HUGE roll in what times you run. Your car is making the power according to the Dyno... but if you're running in less than ideal conditions (like we have seen all summer), then you will see disappointing results.

I have the same tune on the same setup with similar dyno numbers, here is what I put down at 3460lbs (with me in it, full weight and tank) on pump gas and street tires spinning all the way down the track...

Heres a tip for launching, short shift the crap outta 1st gear and shift at 5500rpms in 2nd for optimal traction.
thats how i used to launch my 15 mini cooper s then i would shift at 5800 on the 3-4 shift.

Matt15GTI

Ready to race!

How short are you shifting 1st? Are you still using launch control?

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
How short are you shifting 1st? Are you still using launch control?

I do... but I paddle shift through the 1/4 mile and grab 2nd gear at or around the the 60' marker. I personally don't get good times in auto/sport modes bc I just sit there and spin lol.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My stage 2 mk6 went 13.3 @107.5 full weight on conti DWS all seasons consistently. BFI stage 2 motor mounts are key to getting power down. It dynod 286whp 293tq on 93. Two door, base, 6mt.

Trap speed won't be effected by your launch, but as stated above density altitude is very important. If you're at 4,000 ft and its 90* outside you're gonna run slow. My times were at Atco and Cecil which are two of the fastest tracks. Also got to run at Z Max when the car was a week old.

Haven't ran the mk7 yet but with the same mounts an slightly more power (I'm assuming) it should run about the same since it weighs more.

At the end of the day your times did drop and the cars more fun to drive, that's all that matters! I wish I could put the time and money into my mk7 like I did my mk6 but life happens and priorities change. That's an awesome father son project if you ask me!

Matt15GTI

Ready to race!
I do... but I paddle shift through the 1/4 mile and grab 2nd gear at or around the the 60' marker. I personally don't get good times in auto/sport modes bc I just sit there and spin lol.

Cool, thanks man. I wanna hit Cecil one night before the track closes this year

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
are you running with traction control on?

Well, I turned it off via the button but it wasn't fully deactivated and interrupting me around the 200-350ft mark by cutting the throttle. I now have it coded so its off completely, but I haven't been back yet.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Not lately, the last time the car has been to the track was Waterfest, where my son ran low 13's @ around 114mph on pump gas/stock tires. I'm not really trying to get the last 0.01 second out of it, just a rough idea what it can do as is. However, the IS38 adds a nice touch to a college commuter that I pay for and get to drive once in a while.

That is pretty awesome!